Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Angel or Star???

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Here's another semi-frivolous topic for us to ponder. Do you put a star or an angel on the top of your Christmas tree? Or some other object, like one of those pointy doodads?
I have a beautiful cloth mache angel, very Renaissance-looking angel, made in Italy, who presides graciously over my tree.

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
It depends on our mood that year. For awhile it was a giant purple star that looked like a stained glass window, but then we moved and got a new tree and now the ceiling is too low. ;) I then found an angel but this year I found her star broke off she was holding and couldn't be found so until I can find something suitable to place in her hands or the original star, we had our four year old pick out a new tree topper...a lighted star that also looks like stained glass and is reminiscent of toppers I've seen from the 50s.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
An angel (my apologies for the rubbish photo):

Image0484.jpg

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Angel. For a long time it was a lace angel, but then, years ago, we got a Scottish angel, and now she tops the tree.

Edward

Bartender
Haven't put my tree up in years, but last it had was an Action Man/ GI Joe in combat boots and a fairy dress. Bonus: he has a little tache and looks passably like Freddie Mercury.

Mr. Hallack

One of the Regulars
Haven't put my tree up in years, but last it had was an Action Man/ GI Joe in combat boots and a fairy dress. Bonus: he has a little tache and looks passably like Freddie Mercury.

I LOVE IT!!!! You must get a photo of that!! :D

This year we have part of my son's marble run toy, he asked us to put it on the tree, happy to oblige!!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
There is more creativity here with tree toppers than I expected lol Good work, all!

My tree has a quilted star that my mum found at a craft show years and years ago. It's red, and always goes on the tree last.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I have one of the "pointy doodads" - a vintage glass tree finial. Mine is silver and magenta. The rest of my tree is vintage with big colored C9 lights and glass Shiny Brite ornaments, so it works perfectly.

Bernie Zack

One of the Regulars
This year, my son came home with an angel that he made in school -- the catch is, a picture of his head is the angel's face. Very clever project, I must give his teacher kudos for that! It sits on the top of the christmas tree. I like it a heck of a lot better than the store-bought star we have had on our tree for the last 10 or so years.

Not to change the subject, but this thread has caused me to realize that our tree is now starting to have more kid-made ornaments than the regular, store-bought ornaments. I must say, it is becoming quite a unique tree!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt