Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, Bowen! I was looking for one ever since you told me they're rare. Gracias!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Just my observations Max. I remember when that hat was posted awhile back then for sale. I had a very hard time not buying it. If the brim weren’t curled i doubt there would be much question imho.
Another good one for you Max!!
B

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Just my observations Max. I remember when that hat was posted awhile back then for sale. I had a very hard time not buying it. If the brim weren’t curled i doubt there would be much question imho.
Another good one for you Max!!
B
Oh, Ignacio could easily uncurl it, but I don't believe I will ask him to do it. Uncurling it was my intention when I bought it, but now I like it too much as-is.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Oh, Ignacio could easily uncurl it, but I don't believe I will ask him to do it. Uncurling it was my intention when I bought it, but now I like it too much as-is.

You have a million killer hats Max.
Maybe you ought to try a modified cattleman's similar to the Churchill 50 i sent you. With that curl might just be your new thing!! Just an observation.
B

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
You have a million killer hats Max.
Maybe you ought to try a modified cattleman's similar to the Churchill 50 i sent you. With that curl might just be your new thing!! Just an observation.
B
I will finish working on the crease tomorrow. This is as far as I can get without steam. The Churchill 50 doesn't need any. [emoji4]
84045dd29463e3d608ad0a10b9f70f99.jpg
c36ca7eb571648164380ae832f0f9331.jpg
7e34883e12929213944233cf8ac0fc94.jpg

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
I was engaging with my Borsa Torino last night while watching a movie. I hadn't studied it in depth before, and am now more impressed than ever.
Is there a name for the way the sweatband is sewn in? I belive you would call the stitch an overlock of some sort, around the front of the crown it changes though, into a much more flexible iteration, with an extra little roll of thread on the 'over' side of the stitch. Its a thing of beauty, but does it have a name?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
I'm having some trouble pinpointing the years this hat may have been made. The Stetson 3X has a keyhole size tag, plastic cover on "The Last Drop" liner which to me suggests 50's. But the logo shows the field of stars, which I believe was pre 1950? Overall I believe it is a hat from the 50's but was the star field used after 1950? Am I correct to say this is a 50's hat?
hat #78 e.jpg
DSCN0476.JPG
DSCN0477.JPG
hat #78a.jpg

Robieman

A-List Customer
I'm having some trouble pinpointing the years this hat may have been made. The Stetson 3X has a keyhole size tag, plastic cover on "The Last Drop" liner which to me suggests 50's. But the logo shows the field of stars, which I believe was pre 1950? Overall I believe it is a hat from the 50's but was the star field used after 1950? Am I correct to say this is a 50's hat?
View attachment 175744 View attachment 175745 View attachment 175746 View attachment 175749
I can't answer your question, but I will say, I like that hat!

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 175744 View attachment 175745 View attachment 175746 View attachment 175749
I would put it in the 50s category.

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
I am guessing that is what it is. Yellowish brown spots or haze on surface of felt. Very hard to capture in photo.
It could be the alkaline nature of sweat. You have to whack the residue out. The gas bath just sucks the oils out of it. Something remains.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

I am guessing that is what it is. Yellowish brown spots or haze on surface of felt. Very hard to capture in photo.

My Levine showed up with a number of light brown sort of rust colored spots on the crown and brim that did not show up in the sale pics and were almost invisible in certain light. A gas bath did nothing but I got vigorous with a hat sponge and it took care of them. YMMV

Something like the spot on this ribbon knot? I have tried lighter fluid, soap, alcohol and I can not get it out.
View attachment 175875

Bowen told me about using plain Crest toothpaste applied sparingly and using a toothbrush to work out the stain. I’ve removed stains and lessened others using the method (just for ribbon, not felt).

I have had some luck using the granulated felt cleaners and hat sponges too.

There are some threads on hat cleaning too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points