Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
Hey all, a quick update. I just came back from a visit to the hat store (Witting, world famous in Groningen) and after explaining the situation, the gentleman behind the counter basically said: "so, you're looking for a nice panama!". Well yes, and long story short. I bought a nice cream white panama, wide brimmed and for 99€ not that big of an investment. The akubra is something I'm going to put on my wishlist for my birthday. Thank you all for your help!
They always give you a deal on the first dime bag.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

Pellie

One Too Many
2 Questions: Which colour of felt do i have to choose for a new bespoke hat and which colour of ribbon should i add to it?
IMG_20190905_133141_366.jpg

2 Questions: Which colour of felt do i have to choose for a new bespoke hat and which colour of ribbon should i add to it?

My eye is drawn to the center felt, though all are nice. I'm more of a tone-on-tone guy when it comes to ribbons and bindings. I feel it's more of a vintage look to me. If I choose something contrasting it's usually subtle.

Pellie

One Too Many
My eye is drawn to the center felt, though all are nice. I'm more of a tone-on-tone guy when it comes to ribbons and bindings. I feel it's more of a vintage look to me. If I choose something contrasting it's usually subtle.
That center felt is a new color and has no name yet. I call it 'stone' haha. I like it too... Thanks for answering.

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
Eeuuhh.... for me, and i know it's my own taste, because i have to wear it, but i like to know the taste in the Lounge.
But.....you can buy it from me if you want :D
Then go center hatbody, putty color, 6" open crown, 2 5/8" brim, maroon mid ribbon with fish scale, 3/8" bound brim, and list it 1/1/20 at 2AM.
;-O

2 Questions: Which colour of felt do i have to choose for a new bespoke hat and which colour of ribbon should i add to it? View attachment 183439

All look good, but the middle is speaking to me. The ribbon kind of depends on they style of hat: Dress fedora? Western dress? Casual wear? My most common process is to find someone else’s hat and send a photo to the hatter. We all steal ideas from each other.

Who’s the hatter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pellie

One Too Many
All look good, but the middle is speaking to me. The ribbon kind of depends on they style of hat: Dress fedora? Western dress? Casual wear? My most common process is to find someone else’s hat and send a photo to the hatter. We all steal ideas from each other.

Who’s the hatter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The hatter is mr. Peter Hornskov from Denmark :)

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
I'm consider to order a bespoke 'Henchman'. New style hat with a d'Orsay curl brim of 6cm (don't know in inch) and crown hight of 11 à 12cm. View attachment 183464
From your other hat's, Pellie, I can see you wearing that henchman very well.
I still think the center color will make you happy. I also like maroon with that color (and most colors), but a slate or pewter could raise my pulse too. Bind the brim in contrast?

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
the little one inside by the back?

Decorative.

once upon a time, some hats had this as an additional means for size adjustment. For some reason they just kept putting them in hats.
Decorative, yes, but I think it also lends support to the stitches closing the back of the sweatband.

Pellie

One Too Many
From your other hat's, Pellie, I can see you wearing that henchman very well.
I still think the center color will make you happy. I also like maroon with that color (and most colors), but a slate or pewter could raise my pulse too. Bind the brim in contrast?

Thank you. Brown ribbon with the centerfelt looks nice to me too.
Bind the brim in contrast? You mean same colour as the ribbon? I don't know yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points