Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Check E
I need help with this Whippet. It came without a ribbon and I have zero clue on how to do it or where to source a nice silver 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 Silver or gray ribbon.

Thank you in advance....
d2f426cbb281169e6d3668296b069056.jpg
fbe2e5b3c27b7f7e114c791004c6bd99.jpg
58c89ab76d46a272f375fbc0a3356937.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Try Etsy for vintage ribbon (even though this is a newer hat). There are tutorials on here for making bows and working w/ ribbon.

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
I have replaced ribbons on hats that I did not want to spend a lot of money on. So rather than shipping the hat back and forth I just order bow work from a hatter and asked them to mail to me. They sent it to the approx. ccircumference but not attached to itself. My wife with a few invisible stitches attached it to the hat. For the price of the mailing I have a new ribbon.
That's about what I want to do, I don't want to go crazy on this hat.

hatsandcanes

Familiar Face
I have replaced ribbons on hats that I did not want to spend a lot of money on. So rather than shipping the hat back and forth I just order bow work from a hatter and asked them to mail to me. They sent it to the approx. ccircumference but not attached to itself. My wife with a few invisible stitches attached it to the hat. For the price of the mailing I have a new ribbon.
Can you recommend anyone that does this? It would be so much cheaper than sending the whole hat both ways. PM me if you want. thanks in advance

So I ordered the ribbon from Etsy. Now, where can I find information as how to build the bow and ribbon for the hat. I search the Lounge, but I can't find any information.

Thank you. You can PM if it is easier.

Did you go through the old threads?

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/how-do-you-make-a-new-fedora-hat-ribbon-with-bow.55035/

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/new-how-to-make-a-bow-tutorial-by-fortino37.55650/

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/step-by-step-how-to-replace-a-hat-ribbon.22209/

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/how-to-make-a-ribbon.28638/

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/hat-band-replacement-step-by-step.31357/page-2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Unfortunately the attachments are broken, time to make a new one[emoji1]

We tragically lost most photos in the old threads a few years back when photobucket (and maybe others too?) changed their policies. It’s heartbreaking to think of all those old photos gone forever.

I agree that this topic really needs photos and/or videos. You can glean some good information from the narratives, but pictures truly are worth a 1000 words. Maybe someone will step up and breath new life into one of the old threads with some new photos.

Have you looked through YouTube? That’s my go-to place for tutorials, but I don’t know of any videos on ribbon and bows.

As for The Lounge’s search function, most of us prefer to use google to search. You can either use “the Fedora Lounge” in your search, or you can search google for the Fedora Lounge and them use the provided search bar that then searches only in The Fedora Lounge. I like this second option.

1st:
65c2553dea24923b37d0944359186a16.jpg

2nd (my preferred method):

68e143b5efd4d246b7c99f5ef3eafba6.jpg

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
Does anyone know what type of tape to use on the sweatbands where the seam is taped, not sewn ? It needs to be pretty strong and sticky. I was thinking something like carpet tape, but that needs to be ironed.
I have used this.

Dritz 226 Stitch Witchery, Ultra Light Weight, 5/8-Inch X 20-Yards, White or Black

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
We tragically lost most photos in the old threads a few years back when photobucket (and maybe others too?) changed their policies. It’s heartbreaking to think of all those old photos gone forever.

I agree that this topic really needs photos and/or videos. You can glean some good information from the narratives, but pictures truly are worth a 1000 words. Maybe someone will step up and breath new life into one of the old threads with some new photos.

Have you looked through YouTube? That’s my go-to place for tutorials, but I don’t know of any videos on ribbon and bows.

As for The Lounge’s search function, most of us prefer to use google to search. You can either use “the Fedora Lounge” in your search, or you can search google for the Fedora Lounge and them use the provided search bar that then searches only in The Fedora Lounge. I like this second option.

1st:
65c2553dea24923b37d0944359186a16.jpg

2nd (my preferred method):

68e143b5efd4d246b7c99f5ef3eafba6.jpg

Thanks, I'll give that a shot, or I just send it somewhere [emoji1]

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Speaking of humidity, my Mexican palm, pandanus, and some of my hemp straw hats were molding so I took advantage of an occasional sunny day and gave them a vinegar water/sun bath.
24d7f8a8f448c6378db49e425c185922.plist

Had to iron the brim of my VS Dualist because it got wonky. Used a damp wash cloth on an ironing board, then put it flat on a table with the band block Art used to make it.
c7a6061fc9963ca5a570308286af6a98.jpg
8431e75ab92527615009404b0e450dc1.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks dang good to me !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21