Ask a question, get an answer

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Lefty, Sep 2, 2009.

1. thundurchasur

thundurchasur Familiar Face

Definitely a Postal Crease. It's supposed to be an open crown. lol

2. thundurchasur

I have no doubt it could grow on me. I'm going to work on it tomorrow but I need to show it to a buddy first before I do anything.

3. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Hey...we’re your buddies!! Lol
    B

hatsRme, thundurchasur and Zombie_61 like this.
  4. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

Looks more like a dental crease. "Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...the Molar!" :D

5. thundurchasur

The Molar! I like that.

Héctor Fernández and Zombie_61 like this.
  6. Ryleemydude

Ryleemydude New in Town

So before now I never knew what a fedora hat was. I am far from knowledgeable in vintage hats. The Dobbs Dayton fedora hat I found all the information about that one. My only question for the Dobbs hat is it resellable or collectible? I know it cost $150 new still had the tag with it
    So the second hat my most intriguing hat. I've done a lot of research on it I cannot find any that look exactly like it, there are a lot that resemble it. I do know it's fur felt, it's not wool. Josef Geiger according to Google is a famous actor/director. Below the name is an address. The only thing I don't know about is the BOHM crest? I think it's missing the feather. so if I hit the jackpot on the green hat just let me know now, and whatever helps me figure out if I'm a millionaire or just as broke as i started,either give you money or a thank you
    . Also I'd like to know how much that hat was new and what's it worth now if possible. I appreciate the information from whoever gives it to me and have a great day

Attached Files:

7. deadlyhandsome

deadlyhandsome I'll Lock Up

The Dobbs is a modern hat (not vintage) of intermediate quality compared to other contemporary hats. It’s not a hat that many here would get excited about, but if you like the look and fit what else matters?

Your second hat is of a style that we regularly see, and most sell for modest prices. The size, condition, etc., all contribute to value. Maybe we can get Steve @mayserwegener to give us the benefit of his expert opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

Is there somewhere in the Lounge where I can see the quality ranking of Lee hats? Is blue better than black, is gold better than the rest, etc?

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  9. deadlyhandsome

I know I’ve seen the order here in the past.

10. deadlyhandsome

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  11. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

Thank you, Brent!

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

AbbaDatDeHat and deadlyhandsome like this.
  12. thundurchasur

I was looking at the label this weekend and it's the Imperial grade felt. What does that tell me?

Rmccamey and Just A Hat Rack like this.
  13. Just A Hat Rack

Just A Hat Rack A-List Customer

I personally don't own an imperial grade, but based on everything I've heard, they're a bit easier to manage when it comes to creasing and shaping. I have one Akubra and it's of the heritage grade felt, and it tends to be a bit stubborn if I need to tweak it some. This topic has been discussed at greater length in the Akubra Overload thread.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

14. Rmccamey

Rmccamey Call Me a Cab

Any New Years Hat resolutions out there?

I guess mine is to look for older hats and rare models.

hatsRme and Blare like this.
  15. Jabos

Jabos A-List Customer

Hi fellows, it’s been a long time since I’ve been to FL (lots of, let’s say “life changes” but all for the better, now with a wonderful woman who does like my hats). Art retiring. New faces. Time marches on.

Asking about “new” Strats. So Stetson stepped up and decided to meet public demand for the iconic hat? What are the new ones like? You grizzled vets like them? Hate them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. deadlyhandsome

The Premier hats are quite nice. The felt is a bit thinker than I’d like, but they are a definite step up. If you can find one of the short-lived Excellent quality hats I think you’ll be very happy, but they’re hens teeth.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/stetson-stratoliner-premier-open-crown.93347/

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/the-stratoliner-appreciation-club-modern.58325/

17. Jabos

Jabos A-List Customer

Thank you sir for the info! I’ve been out of the loop too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. belfastboy

belfastboy My Mail is Forwarded Here

I woke up at 9:00AM this morning, it is now just noon AND I have broken my hat resolution by just now sending an email confirming a vintage Stetson purchase. Based on the new year so far, it is not looking too good on the prudence front in my household.

19. deadlyhandsome

Anyone here heard of the Resistol Bear Hug? It’s hard to tell, but the brim “binding” doesn’t look like any kind of ribbon.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20. New one on me. The binding looks like leather.