Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dkstott

Practically Family
I’ve purchased three hats from them, maybe 3-4 years ago. They were good to work with and had good prices. I even called with a question once and spoke to Mr Delmonico. Very nice fellow.
I've purchased numerous hats and caps from Delmonico hatter.. never had a bad experience.

Ben and the group are great people.

FWIW. I live about a 30 minute drive from the shop, I pop in every time they have a sale going in. It's fun to browse in the old store..

On my laptop, once you click on a photo all of the other photos posted on that same page appear at the bottom of the screen, and you can click on them to review them at a larger size. BUT...that only applies to images that have been uploaded to The Lounge's servers. Images hosted offsite (Photobucket, Imgur, etc.) do not appear at the bottom of the screen with the others.
Yes.....it seems they took away the ability to review all the photos (Just the photos, the "Gallery View") in a thread like we used to be able to do....it is a shame....I used that feature a LOT. :-(((

Lobo Rojo

New in Town
Early 50s is my WAG. The design of the hat with the whipstitch binding and felt ribbon treatment is what Stetson called a "Tijuana." It was a clone of a popular Dobbs hat called the "Gay Prince," with a similar stitching treatment. Several hat manufacturers made a version of this hat - I have one made by Champ.

It's a very nice hat and seems to be in good shape. I hope it fits your friend, it's a great piece of family history.
Muchas Gracias Compadre!

Granville

One of the Regulars
Have a slight but funky smell in a vintage hat I bought; I read putting it in a box with baking soda might do the trick. Anyone have success that way? Or have a different suggestion?

- Terry

Have a slight but funky smell in a vintage hat I bought; I read putting it in a box with baking soda might do the trick. Anyone have success that way? Or have a different suggestion?

- Terry

Baking soda, bowl of vinegar, crumpled newspapers and coffee grounds are some of the more popular ones I'm familiar with. I've found that nothing works quite like fresh air and sunshine on a low humidity day.

Wait, maybe it's not the hat at all...
I'll have to try this "bathing" thing. Or just try rolling around in baking soda.
Costumers in theatre and the movies use vodka or a vinegar spritz on clothing to rid sweat, mildew, perfume odours. They swear by it. I have a vintage hat that smells of cheap cologne or hair product and for the life of me cannot rid the hat of the smell.

Nate98

New in Town
Thanks for the Google lookup info. By the shape of the square size tag and only in US size ( 7 3/8 but not 59), I think deadlyhandsome is right with the mid-60s to 70s. I'll know more soon when it arrives in the mail.
Follow up! Here is the hat on the head. Smooth and light to the touch. "Zephyr Lite" on the sweatband. Also:
Moore's California
Royal DeLuxe Stetson

Attachments

• A0EDBB58-D21C-479A-979D-4233A51E6833_1_201_a.jpeg
    A0EDBB58-D21C-479A-979D-4233A51E6833_1_201_a.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
  • 38DD52C1-CE2D-4D37-920B-1E3A195FCAEC.jpeg
    38DD52C1-CE2D-4D37-920B-1E3A195FCAEC.jpeg
    878.7 KB · Views: 45

Apollo

Familiar Face
Good day

Does anyone know if the vintage hat stretcher’s handle were made out of lead or lead platted?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner