Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
For the only info. I know of see the Lee Lounge and this thread.
Blue = $10
silver = $12.50
White = $15

Examples of these can be seen in the Lee Lounge. AFAIK, there is no photo showing a Black Label price tag anywhere on this site.

Last edited:

T Rick

Practically Family
Thanks for the info! I do have one more question regarding this hat. The center of the inside where it says "Lee" is covered in a clear material. Did older Fedora's have that feature?
Many did, and many still do (my Akubra Camp Drafts both have the plastic over the logo inside the crown).

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I am not able to view A LOT of pictures that people posts in threads on this site. Instead I just get a white box with a red 'X'. Help?

If they are older posts, many of those pics have beeen removed from the hosting site that they were posted from. Since you have to post pics to a site such as PhotoBucket and then post them FROM that site into your posting here, many folks simply remove the pics from the picture hosting site as part of their account manageing. It's a bummer, but that's how it works :)

DNO

One Too Many
I bought this old Dobbs a few weeks ago and discovered it to be a size too small, it wasn't an expensive hat so I decided to try and stretch it - On My Head!
It is now very comfortable and I tend toward the down-at-heel shamus rather than the gay boulevardier anyway but do these new rear & side dents which appeared make it look too bad?

P1000873.jpg

P1000872.jpg

P1000871.jpg

P1000870.jpg

MP

It'll certainly go with that rumpled look! You should be able to steam out those new dents.

Iyor

One of the Regulars
Did anyone hear of this hat maker

I got this hat that has a liner I've never seen before. Its from a company S. Ponsoni, The model is Longevo?
232323232%7Ffp53983%3Enu%3D6558%3E343%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D33%3B%3A924%3A%3B934%3Anu0mrj

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I'm in a weird mood today, and just made an impulsive ebay purchase, not having any idea what the heck it is...
Anybody ever heard of Eilerman's? (other info: Newport-Covington, "Kentucky's Best")
So far I've come up with Eilerman's clothing co., established in 1915. Likely to be the same company, but not certain, and I haven't found anything about when it closed, or whether it's still open.

Last edited:

T Rick

Practically Family
I'm in a weird mood today, and just made an impulsive ebay purchase, not having any idea what the heck it is...
Anybody ever heard of Eilerman's? (other info: Newport-Covington, "Kentucky's Best")
So far I've come up with Eilerman's clothing co., established in 1915. Likely to be the same company, but not certain, and I haven't found anything about when it closed, or whether it's still open.
Got a link?

I made an impulsive buy a couple days ago too. A decent looking hat, had a BIN if about $13, so shipped right around $20. No clue if it's wool or fur, obviously hoping for fur. Will know in a week or less, either way, not a bad buy if it fits (looked like a quality piece from what i could see in the ad).

T Rick

Practically Family
Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320725497465&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
All I can tell from the listing is that it will need a brushing...
You beat me with the inexpensive impulse, though, by about 15 bucks! That's a great deal, even if it is wool. Got a link to yours?

Sure, here's a link to mine. I was searching "our favorite category", newly listed/BIN, just trolling hoping to find that Strat/Whippet/Playboy etc. for fifty bucks or what have you. This didn't come close to that, but a moderate stingy back bow (Pork Pie? Not really sure here...), it looked interesting and certainly cheap. Figured it was okay if wool, a bargain if fur. And that nice looking sweatband closed the deal for me.

MikePotts

Practically Family
It'll certainly go with that rumpled look! You should be able to steam out those new dents.

Yeah thanks, I took it down to the local hat sharpeners yesterday and had them stretch it properly, most of those ancilliary dents went away and it fits even better. I'm even more in awe of Penman's electric whatsit though - maybe a more eccentric ribbon would help.....

MP

Cyborg13454

New in Town
Help Dating a Dobbs?

Ok, got a Dobbs fedora from ebay today. Unfortunately it's a size smaller than the listing said so I'm probably not keeping it. But, It's got a tag inside that says 1939 on it and I just wanted to check with some people who know vintage hats to see if it's actually that old. Here are some pictures, of the liner and the two tags inside the sweatband.

Thanks for any help you can give.

DSC08917.jpg

DSC08920.jpg

DSC08921.jpg

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
The 1939 is part of the street address of the hat's original owner. Just going by the factory label and liner tip, it's 1950s or 1960s.

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters