Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I don't care about the name, I look for a hat that looks good on my head, and a LOT of them don't, so when I picked this up off the table it actually fit (happy surprise because it's labelled 7 and I wear between 7 1/8 and 7 1/4) and it actually looked good on I was pleased as pie! Mostly I just want to know what to call it. The saleability of the name would only matter if it didn't look good on me ;)

Another cool bit is that It's labeled John Areioli Inc. Barre VT. I can't find any info about John Arioli Inc. but I gather they must have been a Men's clothiers in Barre VT. Back then Barre was a granite quarry town with a large Italian population.

Great news. Wear it in good health. Arioli is mentioned in The American Hatter Vol. 45 (1915) as a new retailer in hats and general clothing lines.

mattface

Practically Family
Hey mattface,

They may have that info down at the city clerks office. BTW I live just north of you in the booming metropolis of Worcester.

Thanks Johnny, I sometimes forget the interweb is not the font of all knowledge. ;) Would love to see an old photo including Arioli inc. I wonder if Grackles might have some old photos of Main St.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I am wondering about the store, that sells items Fedora Lounge items, on the web page here the ad says lapel pins, but when you go to the store, I do not see any? Can someone tell me if this is a sold out item, and if so, can there be another source for them? I would love to buy one, for sure! Thanks!

mattface

Practically Family
It might. I have some old ties from barre, if they are from the same store I'll hook you up with.them!

That'd be pretty cool to have, though I don't wear a lot of ties. My sweetie thinks I should take up suit-wearing, and having a tie and hat from the same Barre Men's store would be pretty historically cool, so if you do have some from Arioli's I'd love to have one.

bangschr

New in Town
Dobbs Fedora *Need Help Identifying*

Hi Everyone!
Recently I stumbled onto a Vintage Dobbs Fedora still in the box and never worn. I know nothing about hats and was wondering if someone could give some insight as to the style, what "DDD" means, who "Muse's" was, the date it was made, and how much I could sell it for. As far as selling it, it is too big for my head so if anyone wants to make an offer on it please feel free. The fedora has been stored in the box the entire time, but the box is so old it is falling apart. Also, the photos are not the best. I had the flash on so the fedora looks grey. It is in fact browinsh. But, any information someone could give would be greatly apprecaiated. Thanks.<br><br>

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Welcome to the Lounge. The letters DDD could be the original owner's initials or identifying marks. Muse's appears to be the store where it was sold. It's not a particularly valuable hat. But if you want to sell it here on the Lounge, put an ad (with the size and price) in the Classifieds. Again, welcome aboard!

JohnnyDollar

Familiar Face
mattface,

I found one from Arioli's - let me know how to get it to you. The store tag needs a stitch on one side which is no big deal.

2011-09-04_23-49-36_344.jpg

mattface

Practically Family
mattface,

I found one from Arioli's - let me know how to get it to you. The store tag needs a stitch on one side which is no big deal.

2011-09-04_23-49-36_344.jpg

Oh man that's AWESOME! Next time you're in Montpelier, why don't we meet for coffee? I'll buy. Otherwise if you want to toss it in the mail, I'll come up with something to send back your way to make it worth your while. Not sure if you're into vintage shaving stuff, but if you are, I've got a ton of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters