Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
This a non hat question. I cannot post pictures. Whenever I post in a forum I do not get an option to post. I thought I read somewhere I have to post so many times before I am eligible to post pics. Is that correct?

No, post count is only for Private Messages.
You can post photos from the jump. You have to put them on a hosting site like Photobucket then use the IMG url to embed in your Lounge post.

Go find one of my post with a photo & choose "Reply with Quote". Look at how the photo is referenced with in the IMG tags. HTH

jbucklin

Practically Family
I just got my new Deluxe Fed IV Moonstone this last Saturday and noticed it had a black stain about 1 1/2" long on the top of the brim. I don't know what it is---could be ink since I have a collection of fountain pens, but then again I don't know. I lightly sanded it and then used a wet hat sponge but there is still some of the stain left. This is one of my favorite hats! The Heritage Moonstone is so beautiful and I am very pissed! Should I keep sanding? And if so, what grit sandpaper should I be using?

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
If you keep sanding just that spot, you'll start noticing unevenness in the felt. It'll look odd in different lights, too. A little woolite has worked great with minor stains for me. Also a Q-tip with lighter fluid.

jbucklin

Practically Family
If you keep sanding just that spot, you'll start noticing unevenness in the felt. It'll look odd in different lights, too. A little woolite has worked great with minor stains for me. Also a Q-tip with lighter fluid.

Thanks Ale. I haven't sanded enough to do any damage but it did help to remove some of the stain. So lighter fluid or Woolite won't bleach the area where the stain is?

FMG1991

New in Town
Where can I buy this hat? (Borsalino Panama)

Dear Community,
I'm looking for such a hat by Borsalino:
http://www.butik2.ru/files/BORSALINO-Montecristi-LR.jpg
Unfortunately the website doesn't give any information at all.

I found this one:
http://www.bencrafthats.com/product.php?pid=116&subcname=Borsalino

It looks very similar to me, even though it's a Cuenca, not a Monecristi, as it says in the link.

There is just one picture at bencrafts. Does anybody own this hat and could post some pictures please? :)

Thank you!

F

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I've never had any bad experience with either product. Go light, no too much woolite and if that doesn't help, go light on the fluid, too.

jbucklin

Practically Family
I've never had any bad experience with either product. Go light, no too much woolite and if that doesn't help, go light on the fluid, too.

I ran out and got a bottle of Woolite last night. I squeezed a dab of it on a moist hat sponge and went to work on the area with the stain. It lathered up a bit, so I rinsed the sponge, squeezed the excess water out of it and proceeded to remove the lathered Woolite. The original stain appears to be gone but now the area looks slightly discolored--as if there is still some residue left from the Woolite. Should I just rinse the spot directly with water? Seems like that could cause the brim to become misshapen, so I'll wait to hear from you guys.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Interesting. They don't show up when I click that little icon at the top of the post window.

I don't follow. Try the Go Advanced function. As you learn the emotion codes, you can just type the codes you wish to use directly into the text.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Still no luck, Z. There are 15 of them to the upper right of the blank text box (where now I type) and 13 below this box, under the heading "Post Icons." None of them are laughter ones. Maybe it's a Mac thing.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Still no luck, Z. There are 15 of them to the upper right of the blank text box (where now I type) and 13 below this box, under the heading "Post Icons." None of them are laughter ones. Maybe it's a Mac thing.

Not a Mac issue ... I have a Mac (and a PC).

Press the Go Advanced button. You will then notice a group of emotion icons to the right. Below them will appear the word [more]. Press [more] to open up a much larger group of icons. If the icon box does not come up, you may have issues with your browser settings.

RBH

Bartender

Go to the
GO ADVANCED button and click it...

then the right of your screen should look like this....

iconjn.jpg

follow MY arrow and click the MORE button...

you should then have a pop up page full of different emoticons.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Well I'll be ding-dang-diddled!

Many thanks, gents. I guess the concept of "more" just pretty much escapes me in general.

And here all this time I thought you savvy folks had amassed an arsenal of icons from the universe and somehow placed them at your fingertips! :shocked:

(I'll try not to overdo it.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot