Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

buler

I'll Lock Up
...and I as well. Thanks, zetwal! I have it bookmarked now.

I apologize for asking such a redundant question, but the lounge's search engine doesn't yield the results I expect most of the time, even when I type in the exact name of a thread, for instance.

The advanced search on the lounge helps a lot in an example like this. If you go to "Advanced Search" on the upper right menu bar, then put "sweatband" into the keywords and "Brad Bowers" into the User name, you will find the stitch awl tutorial. I use this all the time when I remember that a particular lounger had posted something I'm looking for.

B

zetwal

I'll Lock Up

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?61323-How-to-search-the-Fedora-Lounge

And once again here is the best way to search the Lounge.
A Google search.

Go to Google and type what you are searching. We will use stitch awl.
Type it in this way.
site:thefedoralounge.com stitch awl
The first hit on my search was
"Stitch Awl Tutorial - Sweatband Installation"
thanks Rusty, I really dislike the lounge's search "function". I've looked for threads that I've read before, I know what to search for, and still can't find them.

Later

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Here's an often asked question: (I've read through a passel of threads for an answer, but I wind up with dead ends every time.)

Where can a person buy a high-quality roan or goat leather replacement sweatband?

A few of my dead ends: Leko Hats, Aaron Hats, Jwalls, and the list goes on.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Here's an often asked question: (I've read through a passel of threads for an answer, but I wind up with dead ends every time.)

Where can a person buy a high-quality roan or goat leather replacement sweatband?

A few of my dead ends: Leko Hats, Aaron Hats, Jwalls, and the list goes on.

Searching the web turns up: Singer & Michaeli Inc Framingham, Ma Tel no: 508 879-7719 email: singerandmichaeli@verizon.net.
"fine roan leather sweatbands made from full-grain, vegetable-tanned sheepskin since 1938.

I've never contacted them, but give it a try.

B

Jabus

New in Town
Too bright for a funeral? I have a pinkish ribbon for it which i took off, but the only black ribbon I have is this from an old Kakuda outback hiking hat. I feel like it might still be too bright for the funeral, the only other hat I have right now is a medium dark brown, but I'm not sure that would go well with all black.

Pc8pV.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I feel like it might still be too bright for the funeral, the only other hat I have right now is a medium dark brown, but I'm not sure that would go well with all black.

Most likely, I myself would go with the brown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred