Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Is the ticket number on Resistol hats tickets a kind of serial number?
I ask this because my "new" Stagecoach have the same number on the hat box.
stageturk02.jpg

stageturk05.jpg

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Came across this really nice Resistol at an antique shop and got it for a song, but the liner has a good bit of staining. Anyone have an idea what these stains are and how to get rid of them? Besides the liner, the hat appears virtually unworn. I appreciate any input you guys may have on this.

Came across this really nice Resistol at an antique shop and got it for a song, but the liner has a good bit of staining. Anyone have an idea what these stains are and how to get rid of them? Besides the liner, the hat appears virtually unworn. I appreciate any input you guys may have on this.
Wash by hand in cold water & Woolite...
No idea but have seen a few "tarnished" vintage liners in hats that look unworn.
Some had cellophane type wrapping that deteriorated over time & left residue on the liner.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Wash by hand in cold water & Woolite...
No idea but have seen a few "tarnished" vintage liners in hats that look unworn.
Some had cellophane type wrapping that deteriorated over time & left residue on the liner.

Thanks, gtdean. It even came with the original box with the matching ticket number, and even it shows similar staining. Luckily, no odor, so I don't believe it to be mold. The felt had a little on it, but a hat sponge removed it with relative ease. Otherwise, the hat is in unworn condition.

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
Is the ticket number on Resistol hats tickets a kind of serial number?
I ask this because my "new" Stagecoach have the same number on the hat box.
stageturk02.jpg

stageturk05.jpg

Yes, the ticket number in your hat is the serial number for the hat. The box with the identical number is the original box the hat was shipped with. A great pairing for sure! Congrats!

Landman

One Too Many

Rick,

I've had a couple of hats with that type of staining. Not sure what causes it though. I cleaned one with Woolite like Tom suggested and took another to a dry cleaner. The one I washed with Woolite turned out ok. The one I had dry cleaned look great. He said he dry cleaned it like he would have done a silk scarf.

Landman

One Too Many

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran