Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Has anyone purchased a hat from Black Sheep Hat Works in Washington State? His offerings look very impressive and they are closer to home that VS Hats. Any thoughts out there?

See: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?54314-Black-Sheep-Hat-Works

I bought my first hat (and started the above thread) from Bob 4 years ago. He's since also made me a custom Milan straw, and just recently completed two renovations for me.

Cannot say enough nice things about Bob and his work. His hand dyed felts allow a truly personal look away from the standard spectrum. He has some really cool lining materials, ostrich leather sweatbands, and lovely ribbon work.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I have had a Pinnacle in Caribou & do have a HatCo modern Stetson Stratoliner in Caribou.
It is a good, mid-gray color to me, very versatile.

Just got my Stetson, beautiful colour Light Gray is StetsonGris9.jpg StetsonGris1.jpg StetsonGris3.jpg

hatguy1

One Too Many

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Good point. But honestly, I'm doing it more for style purposes than sunshade.

Wasnt too impressed with the Akubra "Straws" sorta plastically and mushy looking. "Style" is subjective. So get any real straw or panama straw you like weather it be a shorty or a high crown big brim and just rock it!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Shangtung "straws" have their place as beater hats. Especially in an environment where it might get wet. To be sure, natural straws are nicer materials and finer hats, but IMHO there's definitely a place for those shangung hats.

RJR

You might look at Peters Brothers in Ft.Worth.They (and several of our custom hatters)have real Milan straws that can be made to order.I have found that the PB Milan (actually natural hemp)looks and wears well.

hatguy1

One Too Many
You might look at Peters Brothers in Ft.Worth.They (and several of our custom hatters)have real Milan straws that can be made to order.I have found that the PB Milan (actually natural hemp)looks and wears well.

I tried but their website is jacked up. The store only progresses to 20% and the links to his hat pics go nowhere. Oh, well.

RJR

Hatguy1,I forgot that PBs website is "under development".Check them out on Facebook then call them.

I was in Peters Brothers a few weeks ago. The woman working in the shop said somebody had "fixed" their website, which is why it isn't working. I'm sure if you call they will be happy to work with you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran