Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
To counteract the Dork/Nerd/Geek effect of wearing the brim up, I tilt or kick the hat back just a little (or alot) on my head and then if necessary (or desired) angle or cock it to one side. It adds a little attitude, panache and flair. Its a good antidote. I often need a heavy dose.

To counteract the Dork/Nerd/Geek effect of wearing the brim up, I tilt or kick the hat back just a little (or alot) on my head and then if necessary (or desired) angle or cock it to one side. It adds a little attitude, panache and flair. Its a good antidote. I often need a heavy dose.

As a Nerd and a Geek, I resent being lumped in with the Dorks.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
When I was a kid and a young man, most hat-wearing men wore their brim down. We considered them all grumpy old blockheads. That was probably not a distinctly wise assumption. Today I would definitely not mistake any of TFL's up-brim-wearers for a nerd, geek or dork. I no longer believe in classifying people into sterotypes :)

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
And aren't you still a "young man?"

Well, I guess so. My birth certificate says 60 in two weeks - and the leather has been more supple. The threading in my forehead has become deeper and steeper, so it takes quite a gust to blow my hat off. Then again, it takes fewer beers to make me walk and drool like a 2-year old - and the women still claim I have a body of a 14-year old :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy