Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Resistolero

New in Town
Does anyone know a good, comprehensive resource for information on pre-1970 Resistols? I haven't uncovered very much information about older Resistols on the internet (quality designations by era, etc.), but I love them and I would like to know more about them.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Does anyone know a good, comprehensive resource for information on pre-1970 Resistols? I haven't uncovered very much information about older Resistols on the internet (quality designations by era, etc.), but I love them and I would like to know more about them.
There are some 60's catalogs posted in the lounge... why didn't I saved the link...

tommyK

One Too Many
Recently fished this Resistol Beaver Twenty out of the Bay
dd16357b-b771-436f-834d-0608d5e8cb20_zpsbp6hzcoq.jpg

3ef91afd-5349-4a2e-8a2b-c1e8f7649dbd_zpsmvpe2cfj.jpg

Very nice hat and after a good cleaning and reshaping it's been a treat to wear. Whatever is different about the patented "Self Conforming" it sure is comfortable. It has a felted edge as nicely done as any of the other hat makers of the day. It seems every hat maker had a different name for this expensive optional edge treatment Mode Edge, Cavanagh Edge, Duplex Edge, etc.

What did Resistol call it?
I'm going to sift through the Resistol Roundup thread myself. Doesn't say anything about it in the hat

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Churchill Hats, Ltd., was founded in June 1955, operating essentially as a division of Resistol out of Garland, TX. Hans List, former sales manager for the Cavanagh Hats division of Hat Corporation of America, was the company's first president.

Brad
~The Hatted Professor

DougC

Practically Family
Google is always helpful...
CHURCHILL HATS LTD.

By: Levi Strauss & Co.
Men's Hats
Perfect for these industries
Words that describe this logo

mens hats
This is a brand page for the CHURCHILL HATS LTD. trademark by Levi Strauss & Co. in San Francisco, , 94106. the Legal Correspondentfor licensing, use, and/or questions related to the CHURCHILL HATS LTD. trademark.
On Monday, February 08, 1982, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for CHURCHILL HATS LTD. by Levi Strauss & Co., San Francisco 94106. The USPTO has given the CHURCHILL HATS LTD. trademark serial number of73349020. The current federal status of this trademark filing is CONTINUED USE NOT FILED WITHIN GRACE PERIOD, UN-REVIVABLE. The correspondent listed for CHURCHILL HATS LTD. is Marianne Goodwin of 44th Floor, Republic National Bank Tower, Dallas TX 75201, . The CHURCHILL HATS LTD. trademark is filed in the category of Clothing Products . The description provided to the USPTO for CHURCHILL HATS LTD. is Men's Hats.

On Monday, February 08, 1982, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for CHURCHILL HATS LTD. by Levi Strauss & Co., San Francisco 94106. The USPTO has given the CHURCHILL HATS LTD. trademark serial number of73349020. The current federal status of this trademark filing is CONTINUED USE NOT FILED WITHIN GRACE PERIOD, UN-REVIVABLE. The correspondent listed for CHURCHILL HATS LTD. is Marianne Goodwin of 44th Floor, Republic National Bank Tower, Dallas TX 75201, . The CHURCHILL HATS LTD. trademark is filed in the category of Clothing Products . The description provided to the USPTO for CHURCHILL HATS LTD. is Men's Hats.

Alexander Sommerset

One of the Regulars
Thanks all. It helps me with a question I had about a liar on ebay. He says he has a hat from Princeton University for 1932. But the hat is plainly (at least to my eye) a modern Churchhill straw. I needed the date of the company to inform the guy that his hat is not from 1932.

By the way, he called me a lair, so he's refusing to see that the Churchill hat company wasn't even founded until long after 1932. This is the sort of ebay seller that makes all of the look bad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-193...495788?hash=item1c5ebc7eac:g:s80AAOSwMTZWRmyn

I appreciate the help, folks.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
The guy is clearly in the wrong. At the same time, it doesn't appear there's anything any of us can do. eBay is full of sellers misrepresenting their wares; if anyone buys it, perhaps they'll find this thread and be able to get their money back.

A

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay