Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Just fyi. I'm a little nervous moving forward so I wanted to throw a few more details in (the hat). When I put it on and push it any direction I have about 5/16 of a gap between my head and the opposite side of the hat. Do you feel this technique still applies? If so, I will move forward today. Thank you so much.
Yes. Try it on after 5 or 6 hrs and see if it's too tight.

jamesmac1801

One of the Regulars
Got a new hat today wondered what era it is? Guy at the store said late 40s.
a37c4f997a39a28a43e6295d85781b55.jpg

57e4fd0f82ca6db5329a1155ca6dfd41.jpg

1cd2185112fc80fd976ce4374c92b2cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xylophile

One of the Regulars

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
I had an idea about these two hats- could a fed 4 be turned into the homburg-like hat? Seems like one might alter the brim appropriately and put the kettle curl on, shape the brim...?

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/media/watson_signature.814/

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/media/federation_iv.813/

Also, how do you add the images you've put in your member media albums to a post? Best I can see is to link to images as above.
Thanks!

The dimensional cut on the brim might affect the curl?

Why not just get a homburg and crease it? Seems like less effort.

Xylophile

One of the Regulars
The dimensional cut on the brim might affect the curl?

Why not just get a homburg and crease it? Seems like less effort.
From Watson's Hat Shop: "This is our signature style and concept of a late 1800's fedora...". This is just a great looking hat which I called "homburg-like" and I wish I'd used a different term because I don't want a homburg per se. And that Fed is such a beautiful color, with that brim just lying there so flat... all that caused a hat mash-up to occur in my mind.

And because its Pi day, I'm informed that it will use about 3/4" of brim to create the curl and that I should contact the Buckaroo guys about it if I ever get serious.

Xylophile

One of the Regulars
You may find a Lord's hat to suit your taste.
That's interesting, there seems to be some interest in semi formal hats, not quite homburg or bowler and a little more than the common man's hat, and they call it a Lords hat I guess. Watson's is in or near an affluent area in Arizona I believe, and offers several semi formal hats with kettle curls. Maybe those might be described as Lords hats if we were still under English rule :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner