Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
...I saw them in 1997 at Arrowhead Stadium...
honestly one of he best live bands I've ever seen ...
Considering one of their most well-known songs is titled "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For", I find it interesting that U2 would be mentioned in a conversation among hat collectors.

Sorry, just making an observation. :D

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Considering one of their most well-known songs is titled "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For", I find it interesting that U2 would be mentioned in a conversation among hat collectors.

Sorry, just making an observation. :D
you wouldn't want to be waiting for the hatmail where the streets have no name

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I understand your point but when you realize the enormous difference in the hat market size between now and one hundred years ago it seems to me to be overly optimistic to think of any manner of hat resurgence to that scale. In those old pics every man was wearing a hat, or cap. My father, a working class guy would not leave the house without his fedora. He would not think of it anymore than leaving without a shirt. Today living in a major (well for Canada anyway) city I consider it a good day if I see more than one person wearing a fedora like hat. Even then it is more likely the $10 to $20 plastic or wool hipster trilby from Goorin or H&M that I see or an Akkubra type outback hat on an outdoorsy dressed person. I think the best that can be hoped for is the market stays vibrant enough to support the wonderful custom hatters we have and that they can continue to hone their craft AND make a decent living doing so. And to tell the truth I kind of prefer to be in a minority of one on most days and find it a treat to meet one other hat wearer during the day that I can compliment or just give a nod of recognition. If everyone wore a hat I would grow weary of giving an unending stream of compliments!!!

Sometimes I see someone wearing a fedora here in the Dallas / Fort Worth area. But many days I don't see any besides mine. Next week I'm off to Scotland for a few weeks for my job. I will wear one fedora and pack another. But I wonder if I'll see any there?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Sometimes I see someone wearing a fedora here in the Dallas / Fort Worth area. But many days I don't see any besides mine. Next week I'm off to Scotland for a few weeks for my job. I will wear one fedora and pack another. But I wonder if I'll see any there?

Plenty of western hats, right Bill?

I live in Fort Worth and see a lot of people wearing western hats every day. I usually see one or two fedora hat wearers too.

Cheers!
David

Plenty of western hats, right Bill?

I live in Fort Worth and see a lot of people wearing western hats every day. I usually see one or two fedora hat wearers too.

Cheers!
David

You're probably seeing each other!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

John adams

New in Town
Hi,
Just have this PM in Lima transitioning back to the US. Anyone know a good place to shop for the local men's felt hats? Alternatively, I understand there is a Peruvian alternative to the Panama hat. Any advice on where to find them?

I have had little luck web searching.
Best,
John

Does a kilt go with a fedora...?
Fedora_Kilt_zps5rojob7k.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran