Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Other than making deeper side dents or turning down the front brim, or reshaping the sides/back of the brim, I'd personally send it to a hatter who has worked with toquilla straw previously.

Windsock8e

A-List Customer
Tomorrow is the anniversary of the death of a relative who was KIA in 1943. I think I saw a thread about ancestors who served in the Forces, but can't remember what it is called - can anyone point me in the right direction. I think he has an interesting story and I want to keep his memory (and that of his unit) going if possible. There are also a few hat shots :).

Tomorrow is the anniversary of the death of a relative who was KIA in 1943. I think I saw a thread about ancestors who served in the Forces, but can't remember what it is called - can anyone point me in the right direction. I think he has an interesting story and I want to keep his memory (and that of his unit) going if possible. There are also a few hat shots :).

Try a Google search, ending with "fedora lounge?"

Ken David

One of the Regulars
I had a decent panama with a telescope bash I really grew to dislike. Sent it to Mike at NW Hats and he totally reworked it to a really nice teardrop so I know it can be done. Can't offer any insight on the HOW!

This is good to know that to toquilla straw hats can be re-blocked to the desired shape. Does anybody know if it is cost effective for lower priced hats? I know you have the 2 way shipping costs but does anybody have a rough idea of the cost involved?

Ken David

One of the Regulars
This is good to know that to toquilla straw hats can be re-blocked to the desired shape. Does anybody know if it is cost effective for lower priced hats? I know you have the 2 way shipping costs but does anybody have a rough idea of the cost involved?
I had a few hats done by Mike at the same time and cannot remember if he did a cost break down of each hat. But the total cost was very reasonable so cannot imagine the reblocking cost all that much. I am much closer to Mike than you but I can mail a hat to him for about $8.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Guessing $50-$75. Only one way to find out for sure.

Windsock8e

A-List Customer

Ken David

One of the Regulars
I had a few hats done by Mike at the same time and cannot remember if he did a cost break down of each hat. But the total cost was very reasonable so cannot imagine the reblocking cost all that much. I am much closer to Mike than you but I can mail a hat to him for about $8.
Guessing $50-$75. Only one way to find out for sure.

Thanks Belfast and Bob for the reply. I may contact Mike....I am guessing a reblock with 2 way shipping is going to be in the $50-75 range as Bob mentioned, added cost to a hat for sure.

cozy d

Familiar Face
Where would someone go to get some of that thin ribbon that is tied and used as hat bands on western hats? Like this..
s-l500.jpg

msoliday

One of the Regulars
Stetson "The Supreme"???

Just picked this up and looking for info since I can't seem to find anything about this Model for some reason. Charcoal gray with a 2-1/2" brim. Felt is decent. Stitched brim edge and black liner. Guessing '80s or '90s? Was this a short run or a predecessor to another model? Is pretty nice overall and will make a good beater. Thanks!
0cbc4a31e469b557130a55c946eb1ff2.jpg
296ade181c376d842e61a9e10050375e.jpg
9b221c18ea080599014576e9244b51f7.jpg
c6646f82d88bd31d7a65c7f794efd946.jpg
eb17de7958425e74d18f23358d1ee799.jpg
da7b508d03f5b6f06d613b889bccc8dc.jpg
41cd13cba0c348b54b74f3e579ed219c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member