Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shapoh

New in Town
According to your post count.. this is your first post.

postbl.jpg

You're correct, because the last time I was here was 2 computer crashes ago and I can't even recall the nick and login I used at time, I posted so seldomly.

TomS

One Too Many
Hi folks:
I'm curious to know if there is something special associated with XXX stetsons?
Thanks,
Tom

Hi folks:
I'm curious to know if there is something special associated with XXX stetsons?
Thanks,
Tom

Tom - the 3X or Fifteen is the 3rd level on the vintage Stetson quality tier.
Royal Stetson, Royal Deluxe Stetson, 3X/Fifteen, Sovereign/Twenty, Twentyfive, 5X CB/Thirtyfive, 7X CB/Fifty, 100

Probably the first one to get a good mix of beaver fur in the mix....who realy knows???

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Got the Laurel and Roxbury from DelMonico.

Might try getting one made by Optimo. They've got something called the McQueen; think a Panama could be done that way?

http://www.optimohats.com/#/hats/131/
GamaH I pulled your hats from the store room today to send them on there way to your house. I hope you enjoy them. Here is a pick of a straw that I had in the 80's it took awhile to get that way.
MeandBart.jpg

I found one on Ebay in like new condition that I bought. This will give you in idea what it looked like new.
Restfront.jpg

Thank for shopping with us. This is cool my first lounge member that I know of that I had a part in them getting a hat.

Jeff

Txmason

Familiar Face
Hat Shaping Question

Panama Hat
I just received a beautiful Panama Hat from Robert over at www.panamas.biz Does anyone know if a panama hat can be shaped and stiffened in the style of a Fedora? If so where should/can I purchase one? Where can i buy a fedora for the winter? Or are panamas made to stay natural without doing anything to them?

Happy Trails,
Jerry

TomS

One Too Many
Tom - the 3X or Fifteen is the 3rd level on the vintage Stetson quality tier.
Royal Stetson, Royal Deluxe Stetson, 3X/Fifteen, Sovereign/Twenty, Twentyfive, 5X CB/Thirtyfive, 7X CB/Fifty, 100

Probably the first one to get a good mix of beaver fur in the mix....who realy knows???

Thanks, Tom!

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Hello Hiram. Did you buy a block hat or just a body form Bob? If you just bought an unblocked body you need to get it blocked, and Bob can guide you to a person to do that for you. Most hat shops sell preblocked Panama Hat's. You can check out the web page of the shop I work at http://www.delmonicohatter.com/ we also carry fur and wool felt Fedoras.

Catch you on the Level

Jeff

Last edited:

Txmason

Familiar Face
@Job

1. Where can I get my panama hat stiffened and shaped to look like a fedora?
2. Where can I purchase a felt fedora for the upcoming winter?
3. Are panama hats made to be worn naturally with shaping them?

job

One Too Many
Txmason, most panamas and felt hats have the same basic shape.

There is a hat store list on the lounge to help us out.

Felt hats and straw hats need tweaking sometimes. I have used felt stiffener on straw hats to make them hold their shape better with no adverse effects.

Last edited:

GamaH

A-List Customer
GamaH I pulled your hats from the store room today to send them on there way to your house. I hope you enjoy them.

Thank for shopping with us. This is cool my first lounge member that I know of that I had a part in them getting a hat.

Jeff

Now that is pretty cool. I was rather surprised to receive the shipping notification only a day after I placed the order. Probably one of the fastest shipping of an order I ever placed; great service. Here's hoping USPS (or the local post) doesn't screw up somewhere along the way. :p

Just a question real quick though, I decided I don't need anymore hat boxes, so I didn't select the option for a hatbox. How were the hats packaged for shipping?

Last edited:

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
GamaH we packed you hats in a well padded shipping box. Here is to hoping no Elephants sit on it in transit. Let me know how you like the hats when they arrive.

Jeff

fashion frank

One Too Many
Hello all here , I am new to this forum but not to hats !
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good hatter in the Rhode Island/ Mass. area .
I live in Providence R.I. and there is not a one to be found in this city .

I am hopeing that someone on here might know of someone in my area I would be willing to drive an hour or so if need be.

Thanks in advance .

all the Best , Frank

Last edited:

fashion frank

One Too Many
You can check out the web page of the shop I work at http://www.delmonicohatter.com/ we also carry fur and wool felt Fedoras.

Catch you on the Level

Jeff

Hello Jeff after posting that I was looking for a hatter in southeastern new england ,I saw your post ,
Do you guys clean and block hats ?

I can't find a one in Prov.

I have 7 or 8 fedoras to go with all my suits but some of then need a good cleaning and perhaps blocking on a few.

I bought most of them on line at ebay for example ,I just bought a 5 x beaver stetson fedora and it really needs a cleaning and I also need a good hat brush.

The drive down to you guys in no problem ,just wondering if you do this sort of thing.

All the Best , Frank

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Hi Frank. We have a hatter who comes in on Fridays to work on hats. Yes we clean and block, new ribbons, sweats, ect. We would love to have you come and visit. We are open to the public Tuesday through Friday 11-5:30 and Saturday 10-5. We also have brushes.

Jeff

fashion frank

One Too Many
Thanks for the info I will consider that if I can't find someone closer.

I was honestly hoping to find someone closer to my location or a bit north of Providence R.I. ,so if anyone knows of anyone else I would be gratefull if you chime in with any info..

All the Best , Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko