Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I am seeing a hat (may still be on ebay for sale) says it is a Stetson Three Way...anyone heard of one? We've never heard of one...

I am seeing a hat (may still be on ebay for sale) says it is a Stetson Three Way...anyone heard of one? We've never heard of one...

Yes... it has been discussed here. The advertisement and the signature hat box are seen more often than the hat.

6xfzj9fwiizj7t.jpg

fedoracentric

Banned

And now you all will know what I am about to complain about. I know you do...

Someone is again posting about a live dang auction.

Cripes I hate it when people ruin everyone's day talking about a live auction.

So, what if someone was watching this hat and hoped to get it? Now the guy watching that hat just saw another lounger alerting the entire world that the hat was up for auction. Gee, thanks loads for helping add to our blasted competition, pal. Appreciate it.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

So, what if someone was watching this hat and hoped to get it? Now the guy watching that hat just saw another lounger alerting the entire world that the hat was up for auction. Gee, thanks loads for helping add to our blasted competition, pal. Appreciate it.

Geez. Sadly I am sorry if I made you drop your morning waffle asking a honest question about a hat. Another viewpoint if I am watching a hat on any auction and desire to purchase it for my Husband, I tend to not worry so much about what anyone else is going to do, I just tend to worry about what I plan to do bidding wise. Not sure anyone's "day" was ruined, but if you think I should maybe buy the hat for you (if you planned on bidding and can't afford it now) let me know. I can take a poll and see if everyone thinks you need it that badly. No disrepect meant by asking the question and seriously the entire world has access to ebay.

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Yes... it has been discussed here. The advertisement and the signature hat box are seen more often than the hat.

6xfzj9fwiizj7t.jpg

Thank you. I guess it is not something popping up often (per the years Daniel or I have been on the Lounge) and it seems to have escaped our reading of the hat.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Yeah. We call that being considerate. Glad to know you "tend not to worry" about others.

Anyone can bid on a hat. Period. I am not your "pal" and if you have an issue about being considerate than you should act accordingly and not toss some sort of a frigginig temper tantrum to any other member of the lounge.I was not and have not "bid" on the hat I asked about, merely wondering about any "specifics" and from all I can observe, that is the reason this part of the forum, exists. If you desire to make sure no one can ask a question about any hat that may be part of an ongoing auction, then have someone include that into the part of this ongoing thread so everyone can know not to ask a question.

I do care more than you would ever know, about others. I also am able and willing to "stick up" for myself when it comes to someone getting a bit "huffy" towards me in a un-gentlemenly fashion. I can and do already give you an apology, so lets see what else can be discussed and get back to being "loungers".

Lotsahats

One Too Many

It's still not your call. Posting live links is completely allowed. Me, I hate it when people are rude to people on this board, but since I'm not a moderator, I have to live with it. You're in the same boat. Since the rules allow it, your complaints carry no weight.

fedoracentric

Banned
Sorry, but you'll get no sympathy or apologies from me for all your blather. I am not alone in being angry when someone posts about a live auction. Being considerate of others includes not talking about live auctions. It's just that simple.

It's a strange morality.

Some who oppose the mention of an auction in these boards will also be the first to contact a seller and urge them to end an auction early for their offer. Seemingly a high asking price allows an auction to be considered fair game, because some members who eschew listing eBay links feel comfortable sharing auctions with high opening bids and ridiculing them.

It would have been possible to ask the question above without mentioning the eBay auction at all in the query. That would probably have been a safer bet. It is also way too easy to let attitude get the better of one. I struggle with that every day and admire the Lounge members who have the ability to carry on with good spirit and patience here.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Live ebay auctions are like public parking. They're open to anyone. Just like those that wish to reserve the public parking spots on the street in front of there houses there are those that don't want others to see what they've found on Ebay. This kind of territorial attitude is something that I don't agree with and my personal feeling is that it causes a lot of unnecessary tension. If you place more importance on getting a good price on an object for your collection than you place on respecting interpersonal relationships with members of a fan club relating to that collection then maybe you're priorities are a bit off?

Listing live auctions here may give them a bit more attention which could be mildly irritating in the case of a hat one is bidding on but it's all part of the game. I don't think it's inconsiderate for a forum member to ask a question about an item that is live. It's probably unwise if it's an item they are interested in bidding on themselves though ;)

...admire the Lounge members who have the ability to carry on with good spirit and patience here.

It's the GOOD SPIRITS that keep the Lounge as The Lounge. I made that same (auction listing) mistake about a couple of months ago because, frankly, it had never crossed my mind. But as my mother used to say (I'm quoting my mom, because Fedoracentric has already spoken with disdain of my Grandmother's quotes, and I like to keep her memory sacred) "there's a way to say something, and then there's a way to say something..." We should endeavor to maintain our wonderfully gentile forum, and be kind in our exchanges... even when you know you are right. It ain't easy sometimes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ