Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

addison

One of the Regulars
Like it? Buy it. Then you can have loads of fun pensively perusing the pages of the Mallory Mile thread. If the date inside the hat says, Since 1823, it's an older one. If it says 1817, it was made after the Stetson buyout, in the later 1940s. Does it promise "Youthful Smartness?"

Thanks for your help! I went back and bought the hat, and it says 1817 and now I know.

As it turns out, they were having a 20% off EVERYTHING sale and I walked out with this wonderful hat for $15.83...I feel very BLESSED!!!

3a3b13cd-aecd-4915-95ca-2d7da3663c20.jpg

Mallory%20Aristocrat%20gray%20front.jpg

Mallory%20Aristocrat%20gray%20top.jpg

Mallory%20Aristocrat%20gray%20inside.jpg

Dusty, but no moth damage, no stains and the sweat band is pliable and has good stitching!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for your help! I went back and bought the hat, and it says 1817 and now I know.

As it turns out, they were having a 20% off EVERYTHING sale and I walked out with this wonderful hat for $15.83...I feel very BLESSED!!!

3a3b13cd-aecd-4915-95ca-2d7da3663c20.jpg

Mallory%20Aristocrat%20gray%20front.jpg

Mallory%20Aristocrat%20gray%20top.jpg

Mallory%20Aristocrat%20gray%20inside.jpg

Dusty, but no moth damage, no stains and the sweat band is pliable and has good stitching!
fantastic hat!!!

wear in good health

Last edited:

addison

One of the Regulars
Sooooo....should I go back for THIS one???

The shop also has a brown Dobbs for sale with box...

It fits a little tight, but likely close enough that a minor stretching may work out. It's a 7 1/4, I mostly wear 7 3/8
Dobbs%20brown%20on%20me.jpg

Dobbs%20brown%20front.jpg

Dobbs%20brown%20side.jpg

Dobbs%20brown%20in%20box.jpg

This one is $28. It's in great shape, no damage but is dusty...
Should I?
And...what can you tell me about it? Probably from the '60's, right? Snap brim is 2"

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

It fits a little tight, but likely close enough that a minor stretching may work out. It's a 7 1/4, I mostly wear 7 3/8

Dobbs%20brown%20side.jpg

Should I?
And...what can you tell me about it? Probably from the '60's, right? Snap brim is 2"
60s indeed ... but a nice one
worth every bit of $28

Dobbs%20brown%20side.jpg

Should I?
You have found a treasure trove! You can never have enough hats, don't miss out. When you find them, buy them. I never have any luck here in my area. The Dobbs does not have the super wide brim that is coveted here on the lounge, but its all good!

Dobbs%20brown%20side.jpg

Should I?
BOTH SCORES, Addison! Very, very nice. And, although it's been said before, they were half as much as would have cost at twice the price, right?! Congrats on your lucky finds, Add!!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

Dobbs%20brown%20side.jpg

Should I?
Just buy the gosh darn hat!

Bigger Don

Practically Family
Decision 2016!!!
Ok...TFL ain't no political site, Hats ain't no political forum, and this ain't no political thread, but I have a hats question based on the outcome of the election results.

First, I'm 7 5/8 so a quick purchase of a vintage hat ain't happenin'...

So, I am trying to decide what hat to buy if...

A. The candidate for whom I voted, but an not enamored with (to say the least) wins (relief with dread)
B. The other candidate whom I find loathsome and dangerous to the country wins (major depression, needing a lifeline)
C. Another candidate wins that I find acceptable but couldn't get my vote because I see it as a half vote in the "wrong" way (major celebration)
D. A fourth candidate, whom I find politically far from my own positions and yet is less objectionable (relief with WTF laughing fit)

Any opinions as to what modern hat would fit the bill (or brim) for wearing over the coming 4 years?

...BTW, for all concerned with politics entering our alternate universe of TFL, this is all in fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran