Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RJR

So it shouldn't have any negative effect on the exterior of the hat or on its wearability?
I found this closed cell weatherstripping at Lowes.Works well,imo. Foam closed cell weather strip.jpg

hbenthow

Familiar Face

Thank you. I asked because I found a promising hat online, but it is a 7 1/4, which is one size too big for me. I wanted to know whether it would still be advisable to order it.

I think it is. It allows you to increase or decrease the adjustment by approximately .004" with each layer of paper. MUCH more accommodating than a thicker material.

I'll try that first before attempting other options, then.

I typically use sunscreen. :D

In your hair?

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Stay away from adhesive-coated shim stock. Hey, most guys used folded newspaper for this purpose back in the day. Lots of us have dated vintage lids more accurately by the newspapers found tucked into sweatbands.

I use this stuff, but specifically, window edge insulation. The sticky is very light. I've never had one adversely affect a sweatband, and it comes in different widths, thicknesses, and materials, usually sponge or foam. I use the thinnest I can find (1/8") by 1/2" wide. Both will compress and give a real good fit.

hbenthow

Familiar Face
I use this stuff, but specifically, window edge insulation. The sticky is very light. I've never had one adversely affect a sweatband, and it comes in different widths, thicknesses, and materials, usually sponge or foam. I use the thinnest I can find (1/8") by 1/2" wide. Both will compress and give a real good fit.

Have you ever tried newspapers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot