Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
thank you guys ... was just curious if there was a more formal knot

in case their was I wanted to use it ... mostly just to learn a new knot

I always forget how to do the full windsor and need to look it up on YouTube :)

Full Windsor is what Dad taught me when I was a pup, so that's my go-to. I can tie one in my sleep at this point.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
I'm thinking of a purchase online from Berkley Hat Co. Anyone ever deal online with them? Is there a thread about online etailers somewhere?

I've only ever bought in person. They mostly deal in lower end stuff, but do stock some higher end fur felt things. They're a legit brick and mortar store though, I think you'll be fine.

roof

New in Town
Does anyone have any information about the Campbell hat company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
tie question gents

I wear a tie maybe 2 or 3 times a year ... have a wedding this Sat. and have a question

is there a certain knot that is more appropriate for an evening wedding ... say opposed to business or a more casual daytime wedding ?

looking forward to hearing from you guys
Agree with Eric, full Windsor, doesn't get crooked as quickly as a half and looks good with any collar (unless you go with a 70s gangster collar). And simple to tie.

I already posted this question to the Borsalino Brotherhood, but I thought I'd cast a wider net:

I need some help with the size of this hat. Is this US, UK, or Punti sizing?

35890b134112e4760c91b0aeae0c6d69.jpg

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I already posted this question to the Borsalino Brotherhood, but I thought I'd cast a wider net:

I need some help with the size of this hat. Is this US, UK, or Punti sizing?

35890b134112e4760c91b0aeae0c6d69.jpg

Thanks.

As Daniele answered on the Borsalino forum thread, likely U.S. But more photos are needed to confirm. The full sweatband imprint of the Borsalino mark will show whether the hat was made for sale in Italy or for export. A store imprint on the opposite side of the sweat and photo of the manufacturing tag under the sweat would help as well. And a measurement of the head opening would be definitive.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I think that’s what I’ll wear ...I love the look ... just always have to follow a tutorial to tie it ;)
My Dad always used the 4 in hand knot and that's what he taught me. When I got older and saw the older, "cooler" kids wearing a full windsor I asked Dad to teach me that knot. He said he didn't know how to tie that knot, so I stood in front of the bathroom mirror trying over and over until I figured it out on my own. I think I was 12.

Now, for my symmetrical wired brain the double Windsor always looked best. Since I've been on the FL, however, and heard such quotes as the ubiquitous "Angles are attitudes...." I have used the 4 in hand, single Windsor, double Windsor, Simple and Pratt.

Double Windsor

Others
https://www.ties.com/how-to-tie-a-tie

...Now, for my symmetrical wired brain the double Windsor always looked best. Since I've been on the FL, however, and heard such quotes as the ubiquitous "Angles are attitudes...." I have used the 4 in hand, single Windsor, double Windsor, Simple and Pratt...
My brain is wired the same way, and since I really only wear ties to more formal affairs such as weddings and funerals I think the symmetry of the Windsor knot looks best. But that knot takes up a bit of tie, and with my height and body type it usually results in the tie looking too short, so I default to a half-Windsor; not quite as symmetrical, but more so than the relatively simple four-in-hand.

KarlCrow

One Too Many
My brain is wired the same way, and since I really only wear ties to more formal affairs such as weddings and funerals I think the symmetry of the Windsor knot looks best. But that knot takes up a bit of tie, and with my height and body type it usually results in the tie looking too short, so I default to a half-Windsor; not quite as symmetrical, but more so than the relatively simple four-in-hand.
Buy a long black tie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy