Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
This question could go in the Akubra thread as well, but have any of you Campdraft ( or other fedoras without feathers) owners bought feathers to put in the ribbon?

I did buy a Campdraft from Brent(deadlyhandsome), which is in the mail now. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There are several threads on feathers on hats:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/gentlemen-feathers-in-your-hats.56647/

I can probably find a few to send you if your interested. I take them off whenever I get a hat with them...except for one lords hat that has a very small and perfectly colored feather that for some reason I like. Anyway, let me know if you want me to mail you a couple, my treat :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Snortman45

Familiar Face
There are several threads on feathers on hats:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/gentlemen-feathers-in-your-hats.56647/

I can probably find a few to send you if your interested. I take them off whenever I get a hat with them...except for one lords hat that has a very small and perfectly colored feather that for some reason I like. Anyway, let me know if you want me to mail you a couple, my treat :)

Sure, that would be greatly appreciated. I guess it slipped my mind to use the search feature, as I have used it before. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dm101

A-List Customer
Does anyone have a clue on how this is mounted in a vehicle?
i'm thinking it's mounted to the roof?
confused...

https://www.stageswest.com/cowboy-hat-saver.html

01030_hat.png

Does anyone have a clue on how this is mounted in a vehicle?
i'm thinking it's mounted to the roof?
confused...

https://www.stageswest.com/cowboy-hat-saver.html

01030_hat.png
Crafts stores like Hobby Lobby sell a door wreath hanger cheap. It can hang over the top of a door in the house, or in front or back of a car seat. You can cover the tip with a tennis ball or a band block just like the professionally made hangers. Works great & it's portable!

IMG_1341.PNG

Dm101

A-List Customer
Crafts stores like Hobby Lobby sell a door wreath hanger cheap. It can hang over the top of a door in the house, or in front or back of a car seat. You can cover the tip with a tennis ball or a band block just like the professionally made hangers. Works great & it's portable!

View attachment 158977

Hah! Those are pretty kewl!
I dont' plan to ever de-hat while driving, but these options are pretty nice for those that choose to.

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No offense but... no way i’d do a 7X Stetson this way! I have to assume it’s a vintage 7X, thus a very fine hat.
If not, let us know how it go!
B
I posted pictures in this thread https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...ter-but-your-beaten.53973/page-2#post-2525534 post 568
The hat now has a proper fit and much more comfortable to wear
What I would do difference is use this type of hat stretcher that has taper near the brim break
fullsizeoutput_58.jpeg
If using a reeded sweat I would cut the sweat lengthwise with a straight edge rather than cut and scrape the reed stitching.
I would use wide masking tape to tape the sweat to the stretcher adlining the factory edge of the sweat with the bottom (widest end of the stretcher) Spray the exposed inside of the sweat now taped to the stretcher and insert into the hat crown with the hat is still crown down - opening up.
fullsizeoutput_4a.jpeg

Finished product

tsores

Familiar Face
I picked up a hat at Target for $6.00 that is made of 100% paper. What exactly is the material? Can it get anywhere near water? I am afraid it will dissolve. I am sure I will get my money's worth on this one.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3702_zpsenil3o0m.jpg

IMG_3916_zps8tpftpaj.jpg

I was looking on Etsy and came across these nutria hat bodies. Has anyone here tried one? I’m sorely tempted to buy one and sent it to Rick @humanshoes

81687baaef2bd30f2605ee12415b5bb5.jpg

38e386f137f6e71825bf8c7724993871.jpg

5fc33f892ab2e009af9cf19bb406166f.jpg

This is a itch that I think needs to be scratched.

Darn it anyways......you just uncovered a hat I don't have and apparently need!!! If you order let me know and I will order one with you. We can fight with Rick for a place in his queue!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner