Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Any idea what this is? It’s 3.5 X 3.5 X 2.25 inches.

86FD850D-A8C5-4385-B990-E9D410EA62E5.jpeg
D6C4331D-5A8A-4840-921E-359D791186E8.jpeg
6392FB29-CCA5-4CB1-8FD5-DD67E4953414.jpeg
3A9D5145-3840-4851-BE00-917AFC2FDD30.jpeg

It could just be a general promotional item, but I’m hoping it’s something Better.

View attachment 457054 View attachment 457055 View attachment 457056 View attachment 457057

It could just be a general promotional item, but I’m hoping it’s something Better.
Just a box for cufflinks, tie bars, lapel pins.....change......what ever you wish to put in it. A lot of hats were sold at men's shops and they made many acessories like this. I have one of these as well as a Dobbs Glass Top Hat and glass Dobbs Fedora, each of which serves the same purpose. I have a couple from other companies too....

View attachment 457054 View attachment 457055 View attachment 457056 View attachment 457057

Just a box for cufflinks, tie bars, lapel pins.....change......what ever you wish to put in it. A lot of hats were sold at men's shops and they made many acessories like this. I have one of these as well as a Dobbs Glass Top Hat and glass Dobbs Fedora, each of which serves the same purpose. I have a couple from other companies too....

Yeah, I have one of those, as well. That and a few other tchotchkes I've picked up over the years. Not nearly as many things a Mark, though, I'm sure.

Antinomy

Familiar Face
Hi everyone, Who can helo me with one question, How i can spot the type of head, I mean long oval or curcle type? Which measures im need to compare?

Thank you!

Sincityhatcollector

Familiar Face
Hi everyone, Who can helo me with one question, How i can spot the type of head, I mean long oval or curcle type? Which measures im need to compare?

Thank you!
Must common option that is recommended here is use pipe cleaners that you have twisted the ends together and place them where the hat will rest and shape them to fit your head shape. After you have gently removed them you can look at that to get an idea of you head shape.
The other option is if you have a local hat shop that carries both a regular oval and long oval shape to try on each shape in your hat size and see which one fits better.

StoryPNW

Practically Family

Thank you!
Part of it I would say is just how hats fit you. If you have a hat that is the correct size but it is tight at the front and back of your head or you can slide you fingers in your hat along your temples you are probably a long oval head shape.

Thank you!

Put on a standard oval hat. If it fits without any gaps in the sides of your head you’re a standard oval. If there are gaps where you can put your fingers between the sweatband and your head then you are a long oval.

If you really want to determine the exact shape of your head then pick up a Flex Curve (I buy mine online at Lee Valley Tools as they are best quality) You can use the 24" ones. Just wrap it around your head where the hat would sit then gently, holding the ends securely, remove from your head. You can tell just by looking at it. Is your head shape round or slightly elongated? If you to the route of the Flex Curves post your measurements, north/south & east/west and I can tell you which you are. It is the ratio of these two dimensions. Quite likely you are like most of us and somewhere in the middle of the two types. ....but leaning closer to one than the other. Worst case is if you measure as a Full Oval or an Extra Long Oval....these two shapes are at the extreme ends of the head shape continuum and are a bitch to fit.

If you really want to determine the exact shape of your head then pick up a Flex Curve (I buy mine online at Lee Valley Tools as they are best quality) You can use the 24" ones. Just wrap it around your head where the hat would sit then gently, holding the ends securely, remove from your head. You can tell just by looking at it. Is your head shape round or slightly elongated? If you to the route of the Flex Curves post your measurements, north/south & east/west and I can tell you which you are. It is the ratio of these two dimensions. Quite likely you are like most of us and somewhere in the middle of the two types. ....but leaning closer to one than the other. Worst case is if you measure as a Full Oval or an Extra Long Oval....these two shapes are at the extreme ends of the head shape continuum and are a bitch to fit.
I also use a conformateur which is much more complicated. Effective and accurate , yes ,but the $10 Flex Curves work just as well for a fraction of the price.

pacolizarraga

Familiar Face
what is your opinion about this hat with capas logo? does it have any potential?

Please send your comments, thanks

Attachments

• logo2.jpg
    logo2.jpg
    510.1 KB · Views: 64
  • logo3.jpg
    logo3.jpg
    541.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Any comment about this fedora?

It’s hard to tell from photos and those aren’t the best photos either. Is it wool or is it fur felt? I’d be surprised if it was a good hat even for a recent production. I certainly wouldn’t pay much for it. It’s a bargain fashion brand rather than a maker of fine hats. Then again, I can only speak for myself and my limited experience with the brand. Personally, I wouldn’t buy anything from the company.

It’s just really hard to judge the hat based on those two photos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui