Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ILB Frank

One of the Regulars
The binding is already there and original to the hat, so far as I know. I mainly sent it for a new sweatband and to be downsized a bit. While at it, figured I'd have the crown creased and add the pencil curl, if it made sense. To go from what's in pic 1 and 2 to how pic 3 is.
What is the hat in the 3rd picture? Very nice. Looks exactly like my Gannon modified Big Four.

I’ll take 1970s hats and put 1930s newspaper clipping behind the sweatbands. I’ll also occasionally drop in an old train ticket and sign the reverse side of the sweatband with the name of a famous person who died in the mid 1940s or earlier. I’m doing my part to keep hat collections exciting and full of contradictions. :cool:
IMG_5406.gif

MattieXMoto

One of the Regulars
Where did Filson offshore their Mackinaw wool production to? I noticed it isn't Pendelton anymore. And their made in USA products say Made in USA with imported materials.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Where did Filson offshore their Mackinaw wool production to? I noticed it isn't Pendelton anymore. And their made in USA products say Made in USA with imported materials.

I would be shocked if anyone here kept up on modern wool production hats.

If I had to guess, I'd guess Dorfman Pacific. But you're asking a vintage hat focused audience about hats that are decidedly not in our collective wheelhouse.

MattieXMoto

One of the Regulars
I would be shocked if anyone here kept up on modern wool production hats.

If I had to guess, I'd guess Dorfman Pacific. But you're asking a vintage hat focused audience about hats that are decidedly not in our collective wheelhouse.
Woops. I meant to ask in outerwear.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
In a new hat I bind the brim first then do the curl. With the curling shackles there is a bit of friction on the felt and some shredding of the felt. I would imagine it would be the same on the ribbon so if the ribbon is at all fragile/sun damaged the curling might negatively affect the ribbon.
Makes sense.
Wonder how they do homburgs??

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning. The last few days I have been having slow response with The Fedora Lounge website. Are you folks having slow response?

Dang for a while the website was Humming right along.

(I have reset browser, cleared caches, changed to a variety of browsers, reviewed my Adgard / CleanMyMac settings and confirmed my various internet connection speeds. All within "normal" bounds.)

Cheers, Eric. -

Good morning. The last few days I have been having slow response with The Fedora Lounge website. Are you folks having slow response?

(I have reset browser, cleared caches, changed to a variety of browsers, reviewed my Adgard / CleanMyMac settings and confirmed my various internet connection speeds. All within "normal" bounds.)

Cheers, Eric. -
YES......the site has been very difficult to use anymore.....it has even taken upwards of 10 to 15 seconds (or more just to "like" something.:(

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

Cheers, Eric. -
I had that the last couple of months, Eric. Very frustrating. Since the end of November and here in December it's been more or less back to normal.

I don't think it's anything we members can fix our end of things.

Cheers, Eric. -

YES......the site has been very difficult to use anymore.....it has even taken upwards of 10 to 15 seconds (or more just to "like" something.:(

I had that the last couple of months, Eric. Very frustrating. Since the end of November and here in December it's been more or less back to normal.

I don't think it's anything we members can fix our end of things.

It’s been hit-and-miss. For over a month is was very slow and even inaccessible. After the “fix” it mostly works like it has in the past and is generally fine…not fast, but not too bad. Sometimes it goes back to being very slow. As recently as last night it took 20 seconds to mark a post as “liked.” I’m coming back o accept that this is just how it’s going to be.

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
I got a brand new tailor made g1 style cowhide jacket with removable collar via zipper and buttons.

I love it, BUT maybe i'm just paranoid but i feel like it kind of hurts my neck. the collar feels really hard. I've never had a 100% brand new jacket, everything prior was a hand me down. will it break in over time? I have a heavier b15 with a removable collar too, but with just buttons. I got it already broken in but it's always been too big so i wanted something more form fitting

will it be comfortable over time?

I got a brand new tailor made g1 style cowhide jacket with removable collar via zipper and buttons.

I love it, BUT maybe i'm just paranoid but i feel like it kind of hurts my neck. the collar feels really hard. I've never had a 100% brand new jacket, everything prior was a hand me down. will it break in over time? I have a heavier b15 with a removable collar too, but with just buttons. I got it already broken in but it's always been too big so i wanted something more form fitting

will it be comfortable over time?

FYI: you are in the Hat Forum section, but some of our regulars here sneak over to the outerwear forum too.
Now, let’s get you in a hat…or 20. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24