Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brand new to forum

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Hello folks. Brand new to the forum and I love it. I'll be posting about fedoras in time but wanted to share some pix of a bomner style jacket that was given to me. I painted some "nose art" on the back. The two jpgs I have are not on a website but rather, on my Mac's desktop. How do I embed them so they show in the post with this copy? Gene

Peacoat

Bartender
You will need to put them on a remote server, such as photobucket, copy the "img" link from photobucket and paste to the body of your message.

If you want to take a break from photobucket and play in F, use your Bf harmonica. Run an Astatic JT30 through an old Fender 4x10 Bassman, and you have the best sound money can buy.

Use tongue blocking to get the octaves and the high compression sound of Walter Horton, and you have the best tone on the market.

But of course you already knew all of this. Welcome to the Forum. Mudcat.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Very kind and very cool

Thanks very much. That supports what my gal was just telling me. Seems everyone in the world is a little more savvy about this stuff than I am. Glad to be educated. Yeah, the Bb is great crossharp key for a lot of older country blues tunes in F. I've got the mics and a similar setup to your description but still looking for that Bassman: The Holy Grail of harp amps!

Peacoat

Bartender
In my opinion F is the best harp key for all blues, especially the fully amplified Chicago sound, and rock and roll. Since that's all the music I ever played, of course I would feel that way. I do like to swap up in G, E and some in A, using the corresponding harmonica in 2nd position.

I have a 1957 4x10 Bassman that Rod Piazza got for me in Riverside, CA in 1982. Curtis Selgado was interested in it also. Rod had been looking for one for me for several months when he saw it. He called me to make sure I wanted this one, and grabbed it before Curtis could come back for it. He took it home, broke it down, packed it, took it to LAX on his next trip, and put it on an airplane to Nashville for me. He wouldn't let me give him anything for his trouble. Next time you hear that Rod is cold and uncaring, don't believe it!

If I get a chance today, I will take a picture of my Bassman and post it.

To relate this post back to jackets, so we don't get yelled at by the moderators, I use my 1944 mint A-2 as a cover for the amp. One vintage piece protected by another, just of another genre.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot