Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bruce got the juice - Bruce Willis' Jacket

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
All of us who have already asked that question - some of Mr Nowak himself (when he was alive) were told that Mr Willis asked Nowak to make him a jacket for the movie. The studio aged it. The design is based on a common enough vintage HH jacket, as we have seen in this post.

It would be good to clarify if the jacket was copied from an original that ended up in the film too.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Cool. What some people don't know is the enormously high regard Hollywood had for Mr Nowak's integrity and his products. He was a major player in film costumes made of leather. The only reason the Surrogates jacket is available is because a fan nagged him to copy the film version. The thing some people in this thread find hard to accept is the film jacket's wear which looks real (and therefore vintage) and certainly is very different looking to Nowak's usual distressing. I see where they are coming from.

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
westinghouse said:
Speak for yourself, "fella". :whistling

You and the other so called jacket "experts", whatever that is, can't seem to quit without getting the last word. :eusa_doh:

Well excuse me, Miss Thing...I may not get the last word, but I certainly got your goat.
Haha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner