Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coldest Weather I've been in

Retromoto

One of the Regulars
My deep winter wear received a good airing out this week, we were at -39 F with chill index and -11 to-13 F, actual temps. What did I discover this week? I love Alpaca socks, Flannel lined jeans, 25 year old USA made, Carhartt Artic wear and Irish Merino sweaters!:).

Last edited:

Colin G

One Too Many
Still cold and snowy here.

IMG_1524.png

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
3" this morning. Hopefully most of it melts later today. Monday is supposed to be +5 so that will get rid of the rest of it. Good timing to recharge the groundwater for spring, though.

Attachments

• HPIM4540x - Copy.JPG
    HPIM4540x - Copy.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 1,408
  • HPIM4540 - Copy.JPG
    HPIM4540 - Copy.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 1,420

dannyk

One Too Many
3" this morning. Hopefully most of it melts later today. Monday is supposed to be +5 so that will get rid of the rest of it. Good timing to recharge the groundwater for spring, though.
Here in Buffalo it was in the 50s-60s most of the week. Last night we had sleet and freezing rain and I woke up to About an inch of snow. It never ends.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Temperature on my walk this morning was 10C. We had a few days of low teens last month, which felt cool, but today was the first day that had a winter nip/bite in the air. There's no question now that summer is over.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Yep, turned on the heat last night for the first time since last Spring. There's definitely a chill in the air that says, "Fall is here!"

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
UK has seen a big drop in temps from T Shirt to D-1 / CWU P-45 within a 48 hour period..

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
This week or two have been the hottest ever in my region, dusty and hot, i sit in my room i can feel the skin of my arm prickling from heat.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
The evenings have cooled in socal, but unfortunately it's not cold enough for regular leather jacket wear yet.

thor

One Too Many
Wednesday October 2nd in NYC it was sunny, hot and humid and 90 degrees. The very next day a cold front moved in and we got rain and temperatures around 50 degrees!
Crazy!

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
To my fellow southern Ontario residents, I hope you head home from work early today, or simply stay home. The roads are clear right now but they won't be later. We've got a big nasty snowstorm coming, apparently. I just got back from my walk and my parka was encrusted with an icy snow.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Temp -2C overnight and same again projected for tonight. Highs around 5C. Historical average for this time is around +17C. It's pretty stupid to have to wear a parka in May!

Colin G

One Too Many
Temp -2C overnight and same again projected for tonight. Highs around 5C. Historical average for this time is around +17C. It's pretty stupid to have to wear a parka in May!

Here in Sask too. Going to be -4C the next few nights and maybe +10C during the day then back to normal next week. I'll have to cover our garden since I planted it early this year and stuff is already coming up. It was +25C here just the other day.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Here in Sask too. Going to be -4C the next few nights and maybe +10C during the day then back to normal next week. I'll have to cover our garden since I planted it early this year and stuff is already coming up. It was +25C here just the other day.
We've had one warm day (this past Sunday) and the rest of the time it's struggled to get up to 10C on a good day. It was snowing on my walk this morning and heavy snow just after lunch, although the sun is out now. Our local farmers must be frustrated. I hope your garden survives!

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Spring is here!! Yesterday I had to wear an insulated jacket and gloves with scarf. Today I wore a dress shirt under a thin jacket, and this afternoon I only need the shirt. This always happens, here in southern Ontario: the overnight switch from winter to spring, from parka to shirtsleeves. Not great for people who like to wear medium-weight jackets, to be honest, and there's stuff I own that I never really get to wear more than once or twice in the spring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk