Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a nickname?

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
The "Gray Ghost" is my nickname. I was a Confederate reenactor for over 18 years and plus I usually move very quietly and people dont usually notice me untill I have been in the room with them for awhile. My mother always called me a ghost because I would do that to her.

Gray Ghost

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Twitch said:
Well Twitch was given to me back when I was a recon Marine. In our outfit we all had monikers that related to something about each of us. The Viking was a 6'4" 240 guy that looked like a viking. Smokey, The Bull, Kid, Turkey etc., were some.

In my outfit I was the youngest guy, so I was appropriately dubbed, The Kid.
Not too original. :eek:

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
Nicknames? hummmm

My grandfather's name was Aaron, mine Erin, so my grandmother called me "Little A" and my grandfather "Big A". I also had the nickname "Elf" from the time of being very young up to college, some people never knew my real name. My intials are E.L.F. Needless to say my family would always send me elves/fairies as gifts. A few years ago I got the nickname of "Tile Girl" or "Tile Lady", due to working in a male domainted skilled trade. My husband makes fun of me because I have yet to change my last name. I will go from Elf to Elm, and I don't want to turn into a tree.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
*sigh* I don't have any nicknames these days, I threw a hissy fit at thirteen about the nicknames that were just shortened versions of my name, they irritated me to no end, still do, and really you can't shorten Lisalol
Since then I haven't had a one[huh]

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
CanadaDoll said:
*sigh* I don't have any nicknames these days, I threw a hissy fit at thirteen about the nicknames that were just shortened versions of my name, they irritated me to no end, still do, and really you can't shorten Lisalol
Since then I haven't had a one[huh]

Hehehe My sister's name is Lisa (Lisette) and I call her Lee for short.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
In grade school people loved to tease me with lis, or lisy, when they heard my parents use it:eusa_doh: Lee would be alright, but as of the dreaded 1-3 I am namelesslol
Lisette is always a pretty name though.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
How did I miss this one?

Barbi is my nickname derived from the obvious first name which I have loathing for I never go by that. Barbi has morphed into Barbigirl, further morphing to Mommygirl as my kids will reference me sometimes.

My man calls me Sunshine and Sweetie, it is nice to have something new.

Roaring Days

Familiar Face
I have had several good ones. The first one is 'spud' as my surname is Murphy, this is a name given to all Murphys rather than anything to do with me, but I do like it. I have also gotten nicknames from my first name and referances to Darren in Bewitched i.e. dagwood, derwood and others. The one I have always liked the most is 'stylebug' from playing school cricket. So Stylebug Spud could be a happy medium....

pretty faythe

One Too Many
A friend of the family calls me Fafses. A few people just shorten my name down to Fay for the lack of getting the "TH" out.
But other than that, its Meanie ffrom the kids when they don't get what they want, or Brat from my big sis. [huh]

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Smithy strangely enough :D

I've had a few others: Junior; Reptile (don't ask); Timbo.

Roaring Days: like the Aussie Rules avatar, my best mate's from Melbourne, a big Essendon fan.

Steve

Practically Family
Amusingly enough, my nickname is Bolo; given to me after some friends watched "Enter the Dragon." They said that he (Bolo) was the Asian version of me, which I can't decide is a compliment or insult. :p

bolo6_small.JPG

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
I get Sweetie, Baybee or Deni from my man. Greeny from my online friends and Jelloshot from my Moose Riders group. I make a dandy of a MaiTai jelloshot. Mom still comes out with Niecey Lynn and my guy's mother refers to me as Derwood. I'm partnered with her only son so, I will answer to it.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Way back as a boyscout it was: Dusty.
Now my wife and son sometimes calls me "Pybs" - a sort of sweet shortage of my lastname.
I' ve also been called "The Boss" back when I was CO of an advertising agency. They meant it in the good way;)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Most eligible bachelor...

Matt Deckard said:
Nickname ay? I have been reffered to as the most eligable bachelor in the swing dance scene.

:eusa_clap "Oh Meester Deckard, you soooo handsome a man!!;) "

With that nom de plume Matt, you definitely have a certain je ne sais quois about you that turns heads and makes strong women go all weak. Remind me please, WHAT IS that aftershave...? ;)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Bugsy...

I was called BUGSY at school, because they thought I looked like one of the characters out of Bugsy Malone. I used to wear a DB gabardine trenchcoat (Part of the school uniform) and for some reason that made me look like a gangster [huh] Go figure...that's kids for you[huh]

RedPop4

One Too Many
Red, or some other derivation on my hair color, was common as a school boy. Red Pop was my favorite, and that was from one of my dad's closest friends, and not many others.

My handle over on Cigar Weekly is TommyBB, my first name plus initials. It seems , lately that my friends there will call me either "BB" or T2B. My friends in IM call me "T" on IM and in person. Not very original, but not bad, either.

Starius

Practically Family
I don't have a nick name, being a recluse and a hermit I rarely hear my given name let alone any nick names. Though, as a child, my mother would call me "Pickle." I don't really know why, come to think of it. Very rarely, she'll still refer to me as that.

My great great grandfather Charles, however, had a interesting nickname. He became known throughout the community as "Dadsie" (sometimes pronounced as 'Datzie'). Apparently, one of his kids, possibly my great grandfather, couldn't pronounce "Daddy" very well and came out as Dadsie. The name stuck and everyone started calling him that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner