Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
Just bought a black felt hat sold under a dept store brand. Yoder's Dept. Store in Shipshewana, Indiana. I would bet it was an Amish hat considering the color, shape and location. I am not sure which company produced this hat, but best guess is Churchill based upon comparisons with my other one - most especially the size tag which is identical. Might just enjoy the fact that it is a good hat at a great price.

$_57.JPG $_57 (2).jpg

Got it for what I thought was a good price ($18.50 = plus cheap shipping) I quickly started playing with it:

IMG_4192 Guide.jpg IMG_4190 Guide fix.jpg

It wound up being so similar to my CampDrafts that I shaped it similarly - just has a wider band which I like anyway. Got a little black dye bleed out when dampened, but this was easily managed.

The photos are not great, but they get the idea across. Will try again later.

Fed

A fun mystery duet auction that appears to contain a nice looking 1950s Stetson panama and an early Stetson Clear Nutria Quality with some wolverine damage. I had planned to bid on this, but got distracted during my weekend travels and missed the closing moments. Who beat the Colonel?

John Galt

Vendor
I have seen a dark brown Stetson Nutria from the 1930s or so, too.
We've also seen a Stetson 100 fedora in black here on the Lounge.

I have a brown Stetson nutria cowboy hat, the only one I've seen. Can't recall if NQ or Nutria, but not clear nutria - will post photo later.

I have a collection of Stetsons marked as Clear Nutria Quality... in almost white, tan, gold and brown and black (the gold, brown and black are longhair finishes like the one in the auction). Also two large westerns in Real Nutria Fur, which are both black longhair. I think they are all posted in the pre-1940s Stetson dress and western hat threads.

John Galt

Vendor
Glad the nutria colors issue resolved without a photo from me. I got busy, and lighting is bad here now. Mine is a dark brown NQ, by the way.

As for the boxes, interior design artists are buying them up for decor, I imagine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points