Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

fedoracentric

Banned
OK, this one is interesting.

It appears to be a 25-year service award for employees.

The seller is calling it a "cuff link" but I think it is a shirt collar stud.

The seller says it is 14K Gold and weighs .18 Ozs.

It does have a 14K mark on back.

Whoever got it paid $106.05. I know nothing of gold, 14K or no, so I have no idea if the buyer got a good deal gold-wise, but I have never ever seen this stud before, so it is rare, I imagine.

stetson_stud.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-5-8...Om3x6k8%2FxDWx2y9Ep0U%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Last edited:

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Those pleated liners are relatively common in British soft hats. Some makers here seem to have had a single liner type that went into everything.

It didn't occur to me until today, but I have a pleated liner in one of my favorite hats. This Disney Fifteen from the 40 (based on the Disney versus Mr. Disney label) has pleats around the liner.

image.jpg

Landman

One Too Many
Beautiful hat, Caramel! Looks like you have quite a bit of competition on your hats. Has it always been that way or has the competition increased in recent years like with men's vintage hats?

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Beautiful hat, Caramel! Looks like you have quite a bit of competition on your hats. Has it always been that way or has the competition increased in recent years like with men's vintage hats?

It ebbs and flows. Sometimes I can't believe my good fortune in getting 90 year old hats for under $100, like this one I won a few days ago that not only is an original 1920s hat but has the picture of the original owner wearing the hat! How cool is that? Yet, the bidding only went up to $63. I was willing to pay more because I am working on a site for my hats (it's been slow going!, lol) and having a picture of a hat with the original owner wearing it would be a good addition to my site. I can't wait until it arrives because the seller didn't zoom in on the pic:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Early-1900-...EyhOd8btSQUVrTIk3LlvI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Then other times the bidding goes up substantially, as you can see with that hat from Detroit. I would say that more often than not I do get great deals and I hope it stays that way.

Sweet find, CaramelSmoothie!

Nice,CaramelSmoothie.I went to a estate sale last Saturday.It had 1000 vintage ladys hats.I found a large Stetson box,but no hats for men.

Thanks guys! I don't have the patience for estate sales and since I don't have a car it would be difficult to get to them. I also think that the majority of the "vintage" hats at many of these estate sales are from the 60s onward..not the decades that I am interested in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW