Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grandpa's Arrowheads

Puyallup Lee

New in Town
Does anyone else have an arrowhead collection handed down from a relative?

My grandfather name was George Fields Caldwell and he was born in Hawkins Co., Tenn. He married my grandmother in Baker, Oregon and they settled in Boise, Idaho. Fields as he was called, owned his own plumbing service. He died during the Flu outbreak in 1919.

He had a very large arrowhead collection that he had picked up over the years. He had several large mounted collections that he exhibited at the local fair and won many blue ribbons. His collection was stolen and only one piece was recovered. It was an American Flag that he did in arrowheads. I have a picture of it somewhere. The arrowheads went to my uncle, his only son and in later years, he made up smaller collections for each of the grandsons. This is my portion of my grandpa's collection.

grandpa_arrowheads.jpg

Lee

zaika

One Too Many
hey that's really cool! i don't think any of my relatives had any arrowheads. but, growing up in the high desert of central oregon, us kids were always on the lookout for obsidian arrowheads. i never found any, although the museums in the area did have some great examples of them.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Yeah ... I've got a collection similar to that. Dug up by my grandfather on his farm in Locktown NJ. Mine aren't displayed nearly as well as your's however.

Richard

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bartender, we got a spill over here...

This belongs in in the Display Case... not the Observation Bar...

Anytime it's a thread about stuff, that's where it goes.
I know, I ought be working here...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay