Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

humanshoes

One Too Many
that is nonsense. Whomever appraised that as a "first generation" Borso is a moron. I doubt it's even from the original factory.
Of course, the real victim here will be the uneducated ebay buyer who believes the unsubstantiated hype and patently false information in the listing and actually pulls the thousand dollar trigger on that hat. In the immortal words of Clubber Lang, "I pity the fool".

Woodtroll

One Too Many
I have to admit, I am curious to see what happens when Borsolino (or somebody that BN will trust to tell him the truth) confirms what this hat is. I wonder if we will find out what they say? As I stated in another post, I have no education or experience to know what this hat is. But I have come here myself to learn and ask questions, and extend my appreciation to those who have been patient and kind enough to help me in good faith.

I do not understand how the photo of the website and the mailing address support any claims, but I hope y'all don't run him off before we get this sorted out. :D

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The price has been lowered from $1000 to $899.99 on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132863509249

But all the same shameful, grandiose scam artist verbosity remains in the description.... "first generation only...." blah, blah, blah....

The "mint... unworn... extremely rare..." piece comes complete with a white label maker label marked MENDEL KORF stuck conveniently to the sweatband.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up

But all the same shameful, grandiose scam artist verbosity remains in the description.... "first generation only...." blah, blah, blah....

The "mint... unworn... extremely rare..." piece comes complete with a white label maker label marked MENDEL KORF stuck conveniently to the sweatband.

Those original factory labelmaker embossments are super rare. :D:p

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
What do you know, Jared? Your Borsalino wasn’t even made in Italy. I’m guessing China. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ha!

I still want to see the appraisals! I want to know where to get a hat appraiser job. Not that I am qualified in any way, especially compared to the hat knowledge here, but I at least know more than the person who thinks the hat in question is a "first generation" Borsalino .

I agree. Does anyone really believe that this guy had an appraiser value the hat or that Borsalino and the retailer are working on tracking down the records from the 1800s to validate his claims? Nothing about any of this rings true to me. Maybe we could offer him $50, a fair offer, for him to sell us the hat and just go away.

Tonio

A-List Customer
Primo Hatters initial filing date: October 16, 2000.

image.jpeg

Tukwila

Ha!

I still want to see the appraisals! I want to know where to get a hat appraiser job. Not that I am qualified in any way, especially compared to the hat knowledge here, but I at least know more than the person who thinks the hat in question is a "first generation" Borsalino .
I asked 3 times to see the appraisals and only got contact info for Borsalino and Primo Hatters...

I agree. Does anyone really believe that this guy had an appraiser value the hat or that Borsalino and the retailer are working on tracking down the records from the 1800s to validate his claims? Nothing about any of this rings true to me. Maybe we could offer him $50, a fair offer, for him to sell us the hat and just go away.

I thought of that, but the hat is just too small!

My niece has Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) and, by definition, is a pathological liar. If you catch her in a lie then she doubles down and comes up with a whole new set of lies while deftly avoiding the previous corner into which she was backed. This entire exchange reminds of me RAD...

Primo Hatters initial filing date: October 16, 2000.

View attachment 145495
Grand sleuthing, Tonio.

I thought to ask if her grandpa/father died recently and perhaps bought the hat within the last 10 years...

Hell of a first day at the lounge!
Hell of an entrance!
About 4.5 pages and @80 comments!
And in only @16 hours!
Gotta be a record of some sort!
I’d have surrendered bout 15 hrs ago!
Lol

He does know how to make an impression.

I hope he stays around...I have some hats I’d like to sell him at half of his market value. ;)

Tukwila

Has she considered going into politics ? :rolleyes:
Last I heard she had a crowd funding account claiming she was sick and needed money for medical treatment. One of her dupes actually posted something criticizing my brother for not donating. He simply replied that any real medical treatment she needed was covered 100% by his health plan... LOL.

Last I heard she had a crowd funding account claiming she was sick and needed money for medical treatment. One of her dupes actually posted something criticizing my brother for not donating. He simply replied that any real medical treatment she needed was covered 100% by his health plan... LOL.
Reading the Ebay listing for this hat it struck me that it has the same tone as the many bogus email solicitations I use to receive from Nigerian princes or lovely widows seeking help with their fortunes. I sent pics of my 1980's Borsa with almost identical liner, sweat, markings etc and never heard another peep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points