Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bout time we start seeing some red jackets from you.

I have quite a few red jackets now, I think we need a thread dedicated to red here :D

Just saw that on Johnson's IG feed and I came here. Sharkskin... Well done RedDevil!

Thanks! When I have wild ideas, I call Johnson leather to see if it is feasible lol

Another version of what has become my favorite design and pattern. With collar and belt.

7B6CBA2E-281F-475A-893A-CB5E1DFCB0D3.jpeg

barnabus

One Too Many
I've got another leather trucker incoming. Looked pretty nice from the seller's photos but who knows?

It's nothing special, just from Gap. But tbh, I think Gap have produced some really nice items over the years: there's an eye for detail and quality manufacture in some of their stuff that surpasses what you might expect. I had a Sherpa denim trucker of theirs that I beat to death daily for actual years and I could not have been more pleased with something from IH or Levi's or wherever.

I might start a "jackets that have no business being as good as they are, for the money" thread, even.
Well, this arrived today.

While opinions obv vary, I don't think it's the "excellent" condition the seller thought it was. But it's certainly acceptable enough for the price paid.

In line with my current philosophy, all my things are now everyday beater things, and this will be perfect for that. Size couldn't be better - fine over a t shirt with just enough room for a hoodie. Or perhaps an armoured riding shirt layered underneath - I've been intriguing myself recently with the idea of riding safe in what looks to be inappropriate gear.

Anyway. Enough waffling. I'll post some pictures in the leather trucker thread once I've got it washed and conditioned.

Watch this space. In the meantime, here's one of the seller's original photos:

Screenshot_20220221-193003.png

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I have quite a few red jackets now, I think we need a thread dedicated to red here :D

Thanks! When I have wild ideas, I call Johnson leather to see if it is feasible lol
Johnson seems to be able to sew just about any type of leather thrown at them. My jaws are floored by your sharkskin jacket. I didn't even know it was even possible. I've seen wallets and small leather goods made from sharkskin. First time to see jacket. Just WOW!

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Johnson seems to be able to sew just about any type of leather thrown at them. My jaws are floored by your sharkskin jacket. I didn't even know it was even possible. I've seen wallets and small leather goods made from sharkskin. First time to see jacket. Just WOW!

Pretty much, the only limiting factor is the size of the hides. Already brainstorming on the next idea :D

Leather Walker

Practically Family
I received this Schott 613 yesterday! A cool sensation wearing this brown steerhide jacket. As I said, my first Schott ever. I found it for a steal and took, so how can I not? I’m still amazed by all these great jackets for sale which are "unknown" and sold for very few. Interesting how a piece of fabric with a specific name changes the final price of something.

613(1).jpg

613(2).jpg

613(3).jpg

613(4).jpg

I love the irregular shape of this coin pocket.

613(5).jpg

A pity that the stars on epaulettes were removed.

613(6).jpg

The buckle is so heavy that the belt has an irreversible fold downwards.

613(7).jpg

613(8).jpg

In another posts about this model I saw there's vinyl on cuffs and inner waistband, but in this jacket there's the same steerhide as in the rest, and a kind of fabric, a bit ripped, inside kidney strap.

Underneath of the cuffs zippers is written USA W-2. Does anyone know which period Schott used these zippers?

This jacket has marks and scratches, obviously, but I'd say it's in excellent condition for this age. All zippers work properly.

Very happy with this jacket :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko