Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

TLW '90

Practically Family
I just took a gamble on this Penny's Big Mac wool jacket, for $50 shipped maybe it'll have some decent wool or at least thickness but it should still be worth it even if the wool is mediocre.

s-l400.jpg

The pictures aren't great, but they were good enough to see the 70's era Talon zipper.
s-l400 (2).jpg

The pocket layout and cuff button setup interested me.

It's hard to tell, but it doesn't look like the wool has a ton of pilling, probably a typical 85/15 blend but it doesn't say.

Last edited:

Observe

Practically Family
I just took a gamble on this Penny's Big Mac wool jacket, for $50 shipped maybe it'll have some decent wool or at least thickness but it should still be worth it even if the wool is mediocre.

View attachment 471315

The pictures aren't great, but they were good enough to see the 70's era Talon zipper.
View attachment 471318
The pocket layout and cuff button setup interested me.

It's hard to tell, but it doesn't look like the wool has a ton of pilling, probably a typical 85/15 blend but it doesn't say.
At that price it's well worth the gamble.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Wow, this thread was buried! I've got 3 jackets coming this week, a vest arrived yesterday. Tonight though..I bought something I'm not sure enough about to show, I got to get it in hand to be sure, then I will need some help form learned folks here. This is a jacket style I have owned before; loved and sold. A major maker jacket that doesn't show up often in Horsehide. The seller sent me an offer I could not refuse.

This Los Angeles Sportswear Vest just arrived.

1671084925527.jpeg

Wow, this thread was buried! I've got 3 jackets coming this week, a vest arrived yesterday. Tonight though..I bought something I'm not sure enough about to show, I got to get it in hand to be sure, then I will need some help form learned folks here. This is a jacket style I have owned before; loved and sold. A major maker jacket that doesn't show up often in Horsehide. The seller sent me an offer I could not refuse.

This Los Angeles Sportswear Vest just arrived.

View attachment 472838

Something bit a chunk of it off!

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Dehen 1920 N1 that I ordered and waited for was shipped and has been returned. The new model that they had available is 13oz sateen. The older version is 10.5 oz waxed. The waxed felt much more substantial. I found the relative lightness of the sateen made the jacket quite shapeless.

Dehen 1920 N1 that I ordered and waited for was shipped and has been returned. The new model that they had available is 13oz sateen. The older version is 10.5 oz waxed. The waxed felt much more substantial. I found the relative lightness of the sateen made the jacket quite shapeless.
That sucks!

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
^^
Don't worry Bfd, I am now in Poland where it has been pretty cold and humid at the same time, and out came shapeless puffers and baggy full-length sheepskin coats that I have stashed there. There won't be any contributions from me to WJAYWT thread anytime soon, lol.

Shame on me. I shoulda bought @powesci’s when i had the chance. Gonna be 9f next week. May have to resort to down puffer. I’ll ashamedly turn in my TFL card
9F? That requires nothing more than North Face and cargo shorts. I can almost guarantee I will see it while I finish up my Christmas shopping next week.

Pike Bros. will get her by Monday if you order today/tomorrow...

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
9F? That requires nothing more than North Face and cargo shorts. I can almost guarantee I will see it while I finish up my Christmas shopping next week.

Pike Bros. will get her by Monday if you order today/tomorrow...
I believe you mean cargo shorts and Blackhawks jersey. I have the IH deck jacket. I’m cold blooded. I hoped i’d have a full body mouton to remain cool. May just rock type 3 under the usn peacoat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ