Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking to buy a B2 with wool lining. Is LW the only guy making them? Alternatively, anyone selling a b2 in a 42ish?

deeds

New in Town
Looking to buy a B2 with wool lining. Is LW the only guy making them? Alternatively, anyone selling a b2 in a 42ish?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Buzz Rickson's make them in different versions. Wool lined, moquette lined, and different patch pockets. Search the Classifieds and see if the B2 jacket owners will let theirs go to you.
If you go with BR, look for the moquette ones. Only they are doing this lining I think.
B-2 Inside.JPG

There is an older B1/B2 thread here. Just search B1/B2. Lots of info on this early flight jacket.

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
I sold my Buzz Rickson b2 due to the horsehide being the worst I've ever seen, horrible, shiny and plastic feeling, with a topcoat that wears quickly leaving a pale skin underneath. Pocket that's unusable and collar that fades badly. Add in a hook less zipper that's too small to fasten safely or quickly. If you must have a B2, I would only go Goodwear or lost world's, don't know of anyone else who makes one.

deeds

New in Town
Thanks why do you suggest BR’s moquette jacket over their wool lined?
Buzz Rickson's make them in different versions. Wool lined, moquette lined, and different patch pockets. Search the Classifieds and see if the B2 jacket owners will let theirs go to you.
If you go with BR, look for the moquette ones. Only they are doing this lining I think.
View attachment 543992

There is an older B1/B2 thread here. Just search B1/B2. Lots of info on this early flight jac

deeds

New in Town
I sold my Buzz Rickson b2 due to the horsehide being the worst I've ever seen, horrible, shiny and plastic feeling, with a topcoat that wears quickly leaving a pale skin underneath. Pocket that's unusable and collar that fades badly. Add in a hook less zipper that's too small to fasten safely or quickly. If you must have a B2, I would only go Goodwear or lost world's, don't know of anyone else who makes one.
Thanks for the tip

deeds

New in Town
Calling B2 owners. Could you please post a fit photo? Also, how would you rate the warmth and comfort of the wool lined version, if this is yours?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Thanks why do you suggest BR’s moquette jacket over their wool lined?
Because there were the only one doing it, the moquette lining with the pleated not very useful pocket. I should have been more clear in my last response, I find the B2 jacket to be a collector jacket than a wearing jacket.
The B2 design is not a very practical jacket, for civilian use, not even for military use I can’t see it. I can learn more about it when I get a book but from what I read online, this design was short-lived. Sort of an in between quirky model from full flight suit to B3. I can list the long list of design flaws but instead I’d just say it’s a short lived flawed design, interesting only for collecting.
Between my ex B2, B3 and B6, I find the B6 to be most practical for actual wear. Even the B3 is more for collecting than wearing. But then again I’m still on the hunt for a full flight suit, B1 plus pants, so take my answers with a grain of salt.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Because there were the only one doing it, the moquette lining with the pleated not very useful pocket. I should have been more clear in my last response, I find the B2 jacket to be a collector jacket than a wearing jacket.
The B2 design is not a very practical jacket, for civilian use, not even for military use I can’t see it. I can learn more about it when I get a book but from what I read online, this design was short-lived. Sort of an in between quirky model from full flight suit to B3. I can list the long list of design flaws but instead I’d just say it’s a short lived flawed design, interesting only for collecting.
Between my ex B2, B3 and B6, I find the B6 to be most practical for actual wear. Even the B3 is more for collecting than wearing. But then again I’m still on the hunt for a full flight suit, B1 plus pants, so take my answers with a grain of salt.

I'm surprised you don't have one of Shawn's A-3 models yet! I think if it cost a bit less I would get one ahead of snow season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner