Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Support Your Home Industries!

panamag8or

Practically Family
Bartender Note (with apologies to panamag8tor):

Remembering that we are very much an international club, let's use this spot to provide information and links to products made around the world that are safe, well-made and produced under humane conditions. Americans hardly have a hammer lock on what can be defined as "quality goods." Every member has the right to be proud of the goods produced in their native country. Here's a place we can all give a ra-ra boost to our home shores.

I have combined previous similar threads, and culled out the political commentary, which will also be removed from this thread from here on out. We can provide information on items that do not contain harmful components, but let's not turn it into an anti-Pacific Rim rant.

Thanks.

I found
this site:

Lots of American-made products.

Then again, if we all just buy vintage, chances are it will be made in the USA.:D

Feraud

Bartender
It might help those who want to support this idea if we can list the companies that are American owned and based.

Any electronic, automobile, clothing business names would be helpful.

Foofoogal

Banned
Toys Made in America

In light of the recall of nearly 1 million Chinese-produced toys tainted with lead paint, below is a list of toys made in the USA:

• Battleship
• Bicycle Playing Cards
• Boggle Jr.
• Candyland
• Chutes and Ladders
• Clue
• Connect Four
• Crayola Crayons *
• Life
• Louisville Slugger
• Monopoly
• Mouse Trap
• Operation
• Parcheesi
• Play-Doh *
• Pop-O-Matic Trouble
• Radio Flyer Discovery Wagon
• Scrabble
• Sorry
• Stratego
• Tri-ominos
• Trivial Pursuit
• Yahtzee
• Melissa and Doug U.S.A. Floor Puzzle (Most puzzles are made in the USA!)

* Note: Not all packages of Crayola Crayons and Play-Doh are made in the USA -- please check the label.

Also, anything you buy from the American Plastic Toy Company is made in America.

You can also find American-made toys on these Web sites:

Archive Interview Archive • www.ShopForAmerica.com
www.ZebulonUSA.com
www.usmadetoys.com
www.unclegoosetoys.com
www.holgatetoy.com
www.maplelandmark.com

http://www.toysmadeinamerica.com/

Finally, for more information on how to buy American, visit: www.howtobuyamerican.com

carter

I'll Lock Up
Works for me...

scotrace said:
Bump. Note changes. See Post #1.

Thanks Bartenders. A place for safe quality products is particularly appropriate at this time of year. Does anyone know which of these products and any others not mentioned were being made before WWII?

carter

I'll Lock Up
scotrace said:
I've found that the Victor mouse traps I bought the other day (they keep the dogs off the furniture) are marked Made in USA.

Some of the very best -made men's shoes in the world are made right here, by http://www.aldenshoe.com/ and Allen-Edmonds.

Both fine shoemakers!

:eek:fftopic:
What happens when an unwary human sits on the furniture? :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran