Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The infamous Optimo has arrived

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
The infamous Optimo has arrived.

Some of youmay remember this one from OFAS.

So it arrived after traveling ground for who knows how many days from New York! Although I love the hat it is defiantly in need of a cleaning and a blocking is probably in order. It fits great and I live the silk sweat band. But the crown is kind o dented and doesn’t feel comfortable when on top of my head.

Again sorry for the crappy pictures, I Used my camera phone

1104060958za0.jpg

1104061349lu3.jpg

Victor

One of the Regulars
just get a teakettle and make some steam and shape it as you like. Looks really great to me. Any hat I get usually needs a little shaping,thats no big deal

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I agree

Victor said:
just get a teakettle and make some steam and shape it as you like. Looks really great to me. Any hat I get usually needs a little shaping,thats no big deal

It looks 99 44/100ths ready to go, even the three vintage refurbs I recently got back from Optimo needed a bit of a "tweak". That is a lovely lid, great proportions & with, I am sure, a quality of materials & craftsmanship second to none in the world today. Absolutely unique & distinctive.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
That's a very nice looking hat you've got there. It almost reminds me of a panama what with the light color body and the thin black band.
good score.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR