Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

jkingrph

Practically Family
I wore an old Tilley model, airflo I think, for my morning walk. A couple of months ago I boxed up my straw hats and got the nice felts out, but it has been too warm here in central E Texas to wear most of the time. I need to get the straws backout, and not even New Years yet, the way the yard is looking I may need to mow grass in a couple of weeks. It's been so warm of lately, I think I have washed the Tilley 3-4 times over the last 5-6 weeks to get the sweat out.

Northwest:

33138C66-22EB-47BA-9F3B-BB91D7E6460C.jpeg
DC6C578F-64FC-47A5-B44C-5B8E7448EBAC.jpeg
91419C10-BDC5-49B1-A379-5F0D872397FB.jpeg

The Shoe

One Too Many
A busy day for my Snowy River. In Japan, spring cleaning is not a thing. It’s all about the end of year cleaning. Today I was water blasting windows, tiles, stairs and car in the Snowy River.
E31D3539-FF3D-42C1-A451-1ACBD96122EB.jpeg

Now I’m no Physicist, but I do have a degree in maths and did a couple of physics courses at University so I do have an elementary understanding. Now when water hits a wall, it should bounce off at the same angle as it struck the wall at. Of course friction and gravity will play a part, but it seems to me that the known laws of physics cannot explain the movement of water whilst blasting stairs. Rather than the path of least resistance, the water makes a beeline for the operator’s face. It matters not the position of said face, with water at times turning two corners in order to cover that face in water and dirt.
Could it be that I have hit on a new branch of physics?
The Snowy River saw it off with aplomb, and once dried out, a quick brush saw it looking good and clean again.

Morning dog soirre found me wearing a blue Stetson Flagship.

i-W3CccdC-M.jpg

i-sGSfCL9-M.jpg

i-xQ9Rvx3-M.jpg

i-XkKvMg8-M.jpg

i-jfmCZSC-M.jpg

Home I scampered about the property sipping coffee in a Brock fedora.

i-STC6vLF-M.jpg

i-42TfMhQ-M.jpg

i-H7nzRKm-M.jpg

i-DSWw8P5-M.jpg

After breakfast I went on a walkabout in a Kennsington fedora.

i-JQv7Fkm-M.jpg

i-TjHcz6q-M.jpg

i-dRCvgm6-M.jpg

i-CdJmhjt-M.jpg

i-MmrJ3f7-M.jpg

i-nXVdR5V-M.jpg

I delivered some Holiday baked goods to our neighbors under a Stetson Whippet.

i-MXh4CFc-M.jpg

i-5Xd7Nt5-M.jpg

i-shDMq5K-M.jpg

i-hBCZwJ3-M.jpg

Cheers to all, Eric -
What a parade again, Eric. A joy to see.
Beautiful hat, Bill.

Wore my Stylemaster, brim up today, while out shoveling the driveway this morning and waiting for the Seahawks game to start. Have a great Sunday everyone!
View attachment 390974
Looks great on you.

That's bringing out the big guns alright! Gorgeous hat, Joe.

Stetson Employee Factory Store Reject…Royal DeLuxe

View attachment 391134
Nice!

A busy day for my Snowy River. In Japan, spring cleaning is not a thing. It’s all about the end of year cleaning. Today I was water blasting windows, tiles, stairs and car in the Snowy River.
View attachment 391524
Now I’m no Physicist, but I do have a degree in maths and did a couple of physics courses at University so I do have an elementary understanding. Now when water hits a wall, it should bounce off at the same angle as it struck the wall at. Of course friction and gravity will play a part, but it seems to me that the known laws of physics cannot explain the movement of water whilst blasting stairs. Rather than the path of least resistance, the water makes a beeline for the operator’s face. It matters not the position of said face, with water at times turning two corners in order to cover that face in water and dirt.
Could it be that I have hit on a new branch of physics?
The Snowy River saw it off with aplomb, and once dried out, a quick brush saw it looking good and clean again.
Ever wondered what Mark Twain’s take on modern power washing might be? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points