Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your top ten hats of other Loungers

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Bumping this awesome thread. Hey newbies (and vets), it's time to start diggin' through the posts and find your favorite hats of other 'Loungers. It doesn't have to be a definitive Top Ten. It's a great way to dig through the archives. :)

Have fun with it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mingoslim

Practically Family
I am ashamed to say I can not remember whose Knox Vagabond this is . . . but I love this hat!

fedora - knox vagabond 02.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
just close your eyes and point to any pic of
Alan
g.durand
tommyk
Harv
and Erics hat pics

and that would round out my top 10 and change every day

tommyK

One Too Many
just close your eyes and point to any pic of
Alan
g.durand
tommyk
Harv
and Erics hat pics

and that would round out my top 10 and change every day

I would have a similar list substituting hatophile in my place.......and mayserwegener.....and a few more that don't come to mind immediately

Last edited:

tommyK

One Too Many
One of my top ten hats is g.durand's Mallory Twenty
IMG_2215_zps56bf96c1.jpg
Which I am now the proud owner of. Maybe that doesn't count?

Hear, hear for Harp Player Gene! Thanks, Rusty. I was thinking along the same lines, about some of the incredible lids we don't see on a regular basis these days. You know who you are! I especially remember Gene's SUPER Montecriste he bought for about $135 (if memory serves...) here. Y'all are going to like this one!

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I'm flattered and honored, guys. Thanks.

+1. My hats get worn. Frequently. Proudly. With due care. Worn without much pretense. I post my pics as most of us due - just to share out hats.

I find it difficult to number a Top 10 as my hat list changes with the weather, mood and whimsy.

Eric -

Last edited:

frussell

One Too Many
I used to really like all of Lefty's and Handlebar Bart's, don't see them around much anymore. He's only a "lounger" by association, but I'm jealous of my three year old's collection. I'd kill to have any of them in my size. He's finally able to wear some, and has been sporting the vintage Cavanagh Milan this summer. In the photo, the Cavanagh, an Adam "Bard," a Lee "Warren," and two mint Stratoliners, grey and brown. All are pristine. Frank image.jpg

navarre

Vendor
Damn, this is a hard game for sure. If only there were an Alan/Robert/Steve page, then we would all be covered.

Here is few off the top of my head.
I believe Alan owns a Templeform by Style park that is pretty sweet. Interesting ribbon and all the original tags. I couldn't find the photos though.

Rlk's Portis two tone, Now belongs to Che but no longer has it;s trolley
4116309954_be6669388e_b.jpg

Garrett's Blue heather Knox, really doesn't shine in this photo, but it is awesome.

Also a dark navy Stetson of Garrett's with edge stitching and original orange ribbon. I know, sound weird but it's SO boss. Picture no longer available.

Alan's Cross country
dobbsblueheather1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Not sure if anyone owns one yet but a Kurt Wismer Yeddo straw
bild_span12.jpg

This one from Robert
P1020929.JPG

This Spinner that might also still be Robert's
SchobleSide.jpg

1930's Stetson, originally Josh, now Garrett
DSC07055.jpg

Oh, and most of the "Fray" hats. Because I can just taste the mercury from looking at the pictures. :)

Last edited:

navarre

Vendor
Shoot, just realized I didn't even get one of Steve's hats on my list. Only giving us ten choices is really not a fair game.

I might have to call an audible and go with any of Steve's high shine silver velours. Or wait, Dinerman has some awesome lids... oh wait, Jared has a few....oh wait Daniel.....Brad......Vic...Jimmy....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! TOO MANY HATS!!!!!

Last edited:
Hope Robert and Garrett make returns. My favorites are Robert's and Garrett's old JHS Velours.

Garrett's late 19th Century JHS Velour. This form is similar to Edward VII Homburg. In my opinion the greatest FL find!

15425835563_31c9bb4bd8_b.jpg

15858050890_4bea85288a_b.jpg

Robert's JHS Velour. Made for the American market. It is from right before WWI. The beginning of Austrian Velour popularity in America.

P1030312.JPG

P1030287.JPG

Attachments

• P1030312.JPG
    P1030312.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran