Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Hi, i would like to find a 1930s hat box for a gus stetson hat 18in by 10 in. Also trying to figure out how to post pics. Thanks

You’re looking for a vintage 1930s hat box? That might be a tall order.

Not sure what you mean by a “gus” Stetson. The Gus crease came from the hat the character Gus wore for the TV miniseries Lonesome Dove...a long time after the 1930s. Of course the “Gus” crease is very similar to creases common on old westerns; however, the crown height and the overall width and length measurements will determine the fit for a box and not the crease in the crown. Did you perhaps mean Tom Mix?

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/how-to-post-photos-here.60679/#post1360985

You’re looking for a vintage 1930s hat box? That might be a tall order.

Not sure what you mean by a “gus” Stetson. The Gus crease came from the hat the character Gus wore for the TV miniseries Lonesome Dove...a long time after the 1930s. Of course the “Gus” crease is very similar to creases common on old westerns; however, the crown height and the overall width and length measurements will determine the fit for a box and not the crease in the crown. Did you perhaps mean Tom Mix?

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/how-to-post-photos-here.60679/#post1360985
Was it the Tom Mix that inspired the saying...."all hat, no cattle"

Nothing as peaceful & majestic as seeing all those bison roaming free again, home on the range...amongst all those wind chargers.

After last wks rolling blackouts here in the Midwest some may want to rethink their stance on fossil fuels.
In 2019 we camped in Teddy Roosevelt Nat Park in N Dakota. The bison wander freely through the campground. I watched a huge bull full gallop up an embankment....magnificent sight. I got out to snap a picture (from a safe distance) but when the bull spotted me and I could see his body tense as he spied me I hastened an orderly retreat.

In 2019 we camped in Teddy Roosevelt Nat Park in N Dakota. The bison wander freely through the campground. I watched a huge bull full gallop up an embankment....magnificent sight. I got out to snap a picture (from a safe distance) but when the bull spotted me and I could see his body tense as he spied me I hastened an orderly retreat.
They can be mean & dangerous, requiring tall strong fences to contain them. Ted Turner owns the largest private herd in the US, probably the World.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
I’ve a friend who raises bison, since the pandemic the problem is getting them slaughtered. The locker plants around here are backed up as much as a year.

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I used to buy 1/2 grass raised beef every year.... but we sold the house and live in an apartment now so don't have a big freezer.

To my taste, the grass fed Angus beef tastes an awful lot like the Bison I've had here. I was raised on grass fed beef; didn't know how good I had it until I moved out and bought my first grocery store beef. Wow, cardboard as a descriptor is not an exaggeration.

They can be mean & dangerous, requiring tall strong fences to contain them. Ted Turner owns the largest private herd in the US, probably the World.
This bull looked to be over 6' tall at the shoulders from 50' away. He was a monster. I beat a retreat to the motorhome but then thought this aluminum box is no real protection if he gets pissed off. First 50 yards he can likely outrun the RV as well.

The locker plants around here are backed up as much as a year.
That's exactly the case for several reasons. It's forcing the cattle industry to either hang on to their stock another yr or sell at a significant discount. If you keep what you would normally sell they're past their calving yrs & you still have to feed & Doctor them.

I beat a retreat to the motorhome but then thought this aluminum box is no real protection if he gets pissed off.
And from inbreeding they're not as big as they once were.

It's not a huge market unless you own your own restaurant chain like Ted's Montana Grill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112