Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Are there any photos out there of someone wearing a Selentino dress hat? I saw one on E Bay, then looked it up on Google, found several models at Sids clothing and hats in Chicago. They looked good in the photos. Now I wonder how they look on people.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
This evening on TCM (at least in my area) will be playing the original Scarface (1932).

Though it's been a good while since I've seen it, if I remember rightly, in this film one will see a surprising variety of amazing fedoras.

Your aim is true Zetwal. Fantastic movie for early thirties style and the hats are incredible. The flat brim with simple center dent is such a great look... and it allowed actors to wear the hats normally and still see their features, instead of tilted back on the head. Some nice hat gags too.

Worth the price of admission just to see Boris Karloff bowling.

thanks for the heads up!

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Your aim is true Zetwal. Fantastic movie for early thirties style and the hats are incredible. The flat brim with simple center dent is such a great look... and it allowed actors to wear the hats normally and still see their features, instead of tilted back on the head. Some nice hat gags too.

Worth the price of admission just to see Boris Karloff bowling.

thanks for the heads up!

I'm delighted that you caught it ... and enjoyed it so!

conrail313

New in Town
Fedora in a painting

What kind of fedora would be closest to the kind worn in the famous painting "nighthawk" by Edward Hopper? I really want one of the classic '40s gray w/ black ribbon fedoras, but i cant figure out which models are closest to them.

Thanks, Brian

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
What kind of fedora would be closest to the kind worn in the famous painting "nighthawk" by Edward Hopper?
Take this photo to Gary White, your local hatter, and he'll take care of you.

nighthawk_man_and_woman.jpg

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DANOFARLINGTON
I believe Sgt. Rick wears them and I've seen a white one being worn in the Got white? thread.

Thanks. I see azhiker posted a white Selentino in March on that thread, but the photo is removed. If anyone else has a photo of themselves in a Selentino hat, I'd be interested to see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21