Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
The oval & font are dead on for my Golden Pilgrim as well. The one in the box is black numbers on white like yours...
P1010090.jpg

Last edited:

Jim Flynn

Familiar Face
I am interested in this old Borsalino hat on the bay and was wondering if it is worth the asking price of $105 delivered? It looks a bit shabby which I am hoping might be rectified with some steam and a brush. Thanks.

For what it is worth......I am a 7 3/8 size bang on. Just picked up an antique hat block that is marked 7 3/8. I think I erred as I should have picked up one a little smaller. My hats will only go over the block if they are forced. This makes sense when you think that they are to be used to turn the felted blanks into actual hats. My reason to buy was to have something that would work to reblock, change the bash, clean/steam etc.
I will sand the block down just a tad so my hats will go over the block with less forcing but still afford the firm backing I desire.

Empirestatecap

New in Town
I recently picked up a tweed cap from an antique store with the trademark Empire State cap company. I believe this is a New York based company. I am not sure of when it was founded. The flat cap I bought has a 1940's look.

I recently picked up a tweed cap from an antique store with the trademark Empire State cap company. I believe this is a New York based company. I am not sure of when it was founded. The flat cap I bought has a 1940's look.

Cool. I'd say NY was a good guess. The hat I have I would suspect is probably from the 70s, but really I have no idea.
a548e3bec1f9e78cdf95ab77cb1ac4d0.jpg

Here's the logo printed on the liner. It also has Empire State Hats surrounded by a wreath stamped into the sweatband. It used to be gold, but the color has all rubbed off and now you can just see the impression.

tommyK

One Too Many
Anyone else having problems posting pics? I've been doing it for 2 years now never a problem. Since Yesterday I'm not able to post any new pics. I keep getting invalid url. Pics from 2 days ago and earlier will still post

Attachments

• 2015-02-24100839_zps6e16ac89.jpg
    2015-02-24100839_zps6e16ac89.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Justdog

Practically Family
Uploaded directly from Comp but had to resize all the pics from 100 to 25 verticle and horizontal. Will try a URL link and see what happens.

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
I have an odd question but I am asking all the same. Has anyone ever thought to make a fur felt baseball cap or has anyone made a fur felt styled baseball cap (s)?

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I have an odd question but I am asking all the same. Has anyone ever thought to make a fur felt baseball cap or has anyone made a fur felt styled baseball cap (s)?
If you search the lounge you will find those as it have been discussed.
They exist but I think it's ever worst than converting a western to a fedora.

My question is why does this thread lost it's stickiness to the top?

rclark

Call Me a Cab
It was unstuck because it was seldom used, as can be seen by all the questions asked on the front page.

I hear you that new posts weren't posted very often, but I for one search it quite often for answers to questions that have already been asked. Thus, I may not post to it very often, but I do indeed rely on it quite frequently.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I have searched and would love a once and for all answer, does wearing hair product hurt a fedora? I don't want my groom and clean or brillcreem to hurt an expensive vintage strat but I always fix my hair for work. I have noticed that I do get some of the hair product on the band but that wipes off easily with my handkerchief

Guardian Enzo

One of the Regulars
I'll be posting more pics on the D'acquino thread, but while I wait to hear back from Luisa I thought I'd ask you experts. The hat is beautiful, but it seems to have been damaged in shipping. Likely the cardboard insert has dug into the topside of the brim and left some "wounds" - shallow scratches, but with a couple of fairly deep divots too. See attached pics.

So my question is twofold. First - is a "newborn" felt hat likely to heal? Will the felt spring back and these depressions disappear on their own? I tried brushing, to no avail. And the second question is, what would you do if it was your purchase? It's a bit of a tough call for me, honestly.

IMG_2471.JPG
IMG_2053.jpg
IMG_2471.JPG IMG_2472.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2058.JPG
    IMG_2058.JPG
    633.2 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2059.jpg
    IMG_2059.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Forum statistics