Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Altiori

One of the Regulars
Greetings to you all. I've been following FL for more than a few years and have learned a great deal from you experts. I am so very far from your expertise however. I was hoping one or more of you could assist on a Borsalino dating and material question.
I was in Vienna Austria in 2005 and went in search of a high quality hat. I found both the hat and the store: Oberwalder Wein. An amazing place. I purchased a Borsalino, leather band, no liner. Code 110756, Col 0721, 95A008112.
I have been trying to determine the age (1995?) and the material and style of the hat but with little success. Perhaps I can be directed to a site or learn from one of you.
The hat was the beginning of other such purchases--am blessed to have a tolerant wife--of a Cervo, a Borsalino Film from JJ hatters, a HJ Poet, a Garrison Indy, and recently an excellent hand made beaver from finevintagefedoras on Etsy. The original Borsalino I purchased while overseas for the USG at the time started my passion. As such, I'd like to know more about it.
With many thanks for your help and wishing you much success in this forum. I hope to become more active.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Cboy, if you click on the highest page number under the thread title you will then get a "Go to first unread" button at the end of the page listing (if there is an unread post). I'm still looking for a way to sort the most recent posts to top when opening thread...

B

Cboy, if you click on the highest page number under the thread title you will then get a "Go to first unread" button at the end of the page listing (if there is an unread post). I'm still looking for a way to sort the most recent posts to top when opening thread...

B
Let me know when you find that most recent to top option Bill....can't find it in preferences...

buler

I'll Lock Up
Also, take a look at the "open quick navigation" button on lower right of screen. It's the arrow in a box icon. Kind of handy.

B

Apologies if this has been addressed already elsewhere, but to post photos now, MUST we use a photo hosting site? I don't see the option to post directly from my computer/pad any longer.

Spudman

One of the Regulars
I'm new so apologies if I'm going about this wrong, but I have a hat related question. One of my older hats has a sweatband that is brittle and chipping. Is it safe to use a leather conditioner on the band, or is this a bad idea because it will eventually migrate into the felt? It's a Stetson fedora if that makes a difference? Should I just let it chip away?

RJR

Spudman,in my experience you can't save a sweatband in the condition you describe.Any hatter if one is local or any number of Loungers can replace it reasonably.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Apologies if this has been addressed already elsewhere, but to post photos now, MUST we use a photo hosting site? I don't see the option to post directly from my computer/pad any longer.

You should be able to upload a photo to the media gallery and post that way. Do you see the little Camera icon above the reply box?

El Doctor

New in Town
I've looked, but can't find a thread on "How to clean a Fedora" Not brush cleaning. No local hat cleaners here either I send it to New York City, Mission, Tx, Olive Branch, Ms, Or do it myself. I bought a Sam Spade that's been in storage 30 years. Every time I wear it my nose burns. What do? I do I really like the hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner