Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

El Doctor

New in Town
El Doctor,try looking for "naptha bath".
Ok I have been considering that as I saw a guy on youtube do that, but he said the sweatband had issues, otherwise fine. Thanks for the quick response.

Last edited:

BreinederIndy

New in Town
longliving, crushable felt hat with 2 1/4" brim width (!) wanted. tough buiseness, they usually come in 2 1/2" or 2". Any style close a filson tin cloth is aceptable.

Sugestions?

Mystic

Practically Family
Is there a function somewhere in the new FL format to reduce the page size (page content) without having to change the "zoom" on my computer and then change it back when I leave FL?

ingineer

One Too Many
Is there a function somewhere in the new FL format to reduce the page size (page content) without having to change the "zoom" on my computer and then change it back when I leave FL?
Mystic; in Firefox there is an add on to the browser to set custom zoom levels.
i was using "zoom page 14.0" go to tools and search for add ons using page zoom.
it sets a zoom level for a specified page
Explorer doesn't play nice

Mystic

Practically Family
Mystic; in Firefox there is an add on to the browser to set custom zoom levels.

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping the forum had an option. Don't want to change my computer around to accommodate one website.

Seems when I make major changes on my computer I end up with a host of unwanted surprises that takes forever to straighten out.

Metatron

One Too Many
Hello gentlemen, nice to find a thread that caters to my total ignorance of hats.
I am mostly a cap wearer, and I don't really see myself wearing a fedora well.
But I saw this in a 1940s film and thought 'i can pull that off'

Is it a trilby? Suede? Specifics would be most welcome.

Cheers

ingineer

One Too Many
Last edited:

Sol James

New in Town
Hi all! I've been a hat wearer for a few years now but have mostly stuck with straw trilby styled hats. I'm looking at purchasing a proper hat and thought you guys could help me out by telling what sort of hat this young fellow is wearing in this photo. I really like this style...

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    577.1 KB · Views: 197
From the "Ask a question, get an answer" thread, that's something of a 40's style fedora. Nice tall crown with little or no taper, and about a 2-5/8" brim. Go get one!!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko