Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

John Galt

Vendor
I can't speak to the ribbon. I've only owned one and had no ribbon issues. I believe the model is both rare and remarkable largely due to the lightness of the felt, but in my limited experience the quality of the felt itself does not measure up to higher end hats.

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
It is indeed a remarkable hat, but the felt does seem quite coarse and the sweatband and lining materials seem rather low quality as well, so I can't imagine the ribbon would be top-of-the-line. The workmanship on the sweatband and brim stitching seems a bit poor as well, sort of uneven in places and lots of little pieces of thread sticking out here and there.

Last edited:
Being a lady's lid, I'm not certain, but maybe Esther or Nikki will see this. It most likely wool, as that's what Merrimack was known for. It's a lovely look; Good luck!

Karas531

New in Town
Thank you hatsRme- I absolutely fell in love with it when I found it this weekend. I'm just hoping to find out a little more info. Either way, I think it is beautiful.

New software is great and all, but is there any way to get the blackened theme back? This harsh whiteness does not work well with my vision problems.
i hate the theme, it kills the aura of the fedora lounge
Nathan Flowers posted this in the Lounge Software Upgrade thread: "As far as the design and color scheme, that will be evolving. We'll likely have a few options, one of which will be very much like the old board, with the black/yellow/white." Give him/them some time to make sure everything works the way it's supposed to, then they can start looking at swatches and furniture.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
I hope options come soon. Until then, I'm out. This interface is not at all blind-friendly. The black theme ws what let me view tge site for more tgan a minute without discomfort. Gate to leave because of progress, but te headaches arent worth it.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I hope options come soon. Until then, I'm out. This interface is not at all blind-friendly. The black theme ws what let me view tge site for more tgan a minute without discomfort. Gate to leave because of progress, but te headaches arent worth it.

If you have trouble viewing webpages, most browsers have an option to change the colors for all websites, overriding the traditional styles. What browser and platform are you on?

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
anyone else having trouble with Tapatalk ?

anyone know if this will be up and running eventually ?

Yes, tapatalk is down for right now. That said, the site is responsive, and works well on mobile devices now, so it's not my top priority. It might be a few days before I get it going again.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
I'm using android's default browser. Its the only browser that lets me force zoom large enough to read, but I don't see a setting to change colors. I just put the whole device on the setting that reverses colors, which is great for text, but photos are all negtives now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner