Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Willebe

A-List Customer
So long as there is another pay check as well, I can keep doing this - until my wife Intervenes.
It is all about timing. I've gotten the stink eye a couple of times lately, but if I play my cards I know I will be able to expand the collection just a bit. What makes it difficult is seeing all these great looking hats these other people are buying. It keeps the want meter pegged in the red. Too many expensive hobbies.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It is all about timing. I've gotten the stink eye a couple of times lately, but if I play my cards I know I will be able to expand the collection just a bit. What makes it difficult is seeing all these great looking hats these other people are buying. It keeps the want meter pegged in the red. Too many expensive hobbies.

+1 True dat!

Thanks you guys, I really did not expose the band to any steam I was holding the hat upside down, sort of like palming a basketball, only on the inside. I tried the Lexol thing, to no avail.......
If you are convinced it is not from being hit with steam & just something on the sweat then use Fiebing's Glycerin Bar soap. Be sure & get the bar not the aerosol spray. Most saddle shops or boot shops will carry it or you can buy it from Amazon.

Just keep 'em coming. Eventually she'll get overwhelmed and give up.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I have them delivered to the studio or my moms house then bring them in when everyone is in bed

there are so many boxes that it is hard to tell when a new one arrives
Me too. I just throw new hats in the rotation and rarely does MrsFed say anything except to tell me how good I look. But she got tired of all the boxes and said I needed to get a big hat stand... now there's a retail store hat stand in the living room that is full with the 35 spots all covered up. Some spots have 2 hats balanced on them...

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Me too. I just throw new hats in the rotation and rarely does MrsFed say anything except to tell me how good I look. But she got tired of all the boxes and said I needed to get a big hat stand... now there's a retail store hat stand in the living room that is full with the 35 spots all covered up. Some spots have 2 hats balanced on them...
I have them delivered to the studio or my moms house then bring them in when everyone is in bed

there are so many boxes that it is hard to tell when a new one arrives
I have been able to get away with much of that with my firearms collection as I have so many that she really has no clue what's new or not. Sadly my hat collection is so small she will definitely notice. I think I need to work on that small part... ;)

Fedoras4Life

New in Town
IMG_1139.JPG Hello,
Does anyone know where I can get a brass band block?

wcbrown

One of the Regulars
If you are convinced it is not from being hit with steam & just something on the sweat then use Fiebing's Glycerin Bar soap. Be sure & get the bar not the aerosol spray. Most saddle shops or boot shops will carry it or you can buy it from Amazon.

Thanks I'll give that a shot. As far as pictures I'm no good at that at all, honestly I don't believe you would see much just the faded Akubra print

Willebe

A-List Customer
I definitely have more hats than shoes and handbags combined... But maybe I am not your average woman. I just don't understand why these loungers' wives aren't happy that their husbands love hats so much.
Like most things, it is the amount of money spent. My wife doesn't see the interest. She about fell over when I bought my second bicycle. If you need one, then you need two. I always figure it is better than spending it on other unhealthy and less stylish things.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
So I received my vintage Etchison Texan model fedora and it truly was in remarkable shape! Plus there was some cool history inside the box. That is until my dumb a$! Got a hold of it! Sadly as I tried it on the sweatband tore almost all the way across on one side :( It was a little snug but not bad and I was gentle with it. My question is can anything be done to patch this? Is it ok to still wear the hat even with the tear? Should I send it to Mike at NW hats or John Penman for a spiff and touch up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo