Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Windsock8e

A-List Customer
I've come across a NOS Borsalino sub-brand for about €/$100. It is from the 1980's "but" has a glued liner. 5+inch crown and 2.5 inch brim. Should I get it for that price (or save my money for something else). I have another Borsalino on the way but mebbe you can never have enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I've come across a NOS Borsalino sub-brand for about €/$100. It is from the 1980's "but" has a glued liner. 5+inch crown and 2.5 inch brim. Should I get it for that price (or save my money for something else). I have another Borsalino on the way but mebbe you can never have enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a late 80's Borsalino with the glued in liner. It is still very nice quality. I think I paid about $80 plus shipping for it and I think it was worth the asking price. I will say, though, the sizing on this one runs a bit small in comparison to other size 59cm hats I own.

I have a late 80's Borsalino with the glued in liner. It is still very nice quality. I think I paid about $80 plus shipping for it and I think it was worth the asking price. I will say, though, the sizing on this one runs a bit small in comparison to other size 59cm hats I own.

My Borsalino is of the 1970s era according to Daniele, and it is a bit snug at 58cm as well. Not taking a stretch very well either. I wore it today, posted in the WHAYWT thread.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Hopefully those more in the know will reply but my understanding (limited as it is) Is that Tonak velours and heathers are exceptional and FEPSA's rabbit and beaver are as well. I believe FEPSA's color dyes are richer and more intense and they do have a more diverse color palette.

[QUOI realize E="Antinomy, post: 2262231, member: 40279"]Dear friends,
please tell me, whitch difference between FEPSA and TONAK, which hat bodies are better?

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Now I realize it depends on the custom hattters skills but I would rate the Rabbit felts equally good and both a little softer and plusher hand than my Winchester Rabbit felts and the colour saturation a bit deeper and vibrant.

Windsock8e

A-List Customer

So this one is a Borsalino sub-brand "Linea Augusta" vs your "pure" Borsalino. I like the form but it is quite similar to the Borsa I am waiting for hence my hesitation. Having trouble posting pictures at the moment.

Windsock8e

A-List Customer
Is it at least a different color? If the hat is nice and you like it and the price is right...
JUST BUY IT!

Same colour but the Borso has an overwelt and the sub-Borsa is raw edge but NOS. I am actually embarrassed at my inability to decide just in case there is another hat waiting around the corner ...

Borso

38a0d05475495bee06bc282aae11b341.jpg

Sun-brand Borso NOS

23643317306139d181fce85b45355c8c.jpg

They look rather similar...

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Same colour but the Borso has an overwelt and the sub-Borsa is raw edge but NOS. I am actually embarrassed at my inability to decide just in case there is another hat waiting around the corner ...

Borso

38a0d05475495bee06bc282aae11b341.jpg

Sun-brand Borso NOS

23643317306139d181fce85b45355c8c.jpg

They look rather similar...
Do I have to repeat myself...???
BTW, I like the look of the NOS BETTER.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member