Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Nice Sunbody. I tried one last Summer and while it seemed indestructible, I am thinking something a little lighter may be in order.
I wore my Dobbs Milan every day for 2 weeks while on Kauai recently, it held up ok. I wonder how my Stratoliner straw would hold up in the rain.

My limited experience with Dobbs Milan (plastic “Florentine” and not natural fibers) is that it doesn’t breath at all and it’s hot wearing.

My hemp Stratoliners don’t get that much use, but they seem to be standing up well and I’m also curious about how they’ll do in real rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
My limited experience with Dobbs Milan (plastic “Florentine” and not natural fibers) is that it doesn’t breath at all and it’s hot wearing.

My hemp Stratoliners don’t get that much use, but they seem to be standing up well and I’m also curious about how they’ll do in real rain.

Well, I may have to go back to Kauai to find out how the Stratoliner Milan Straw does on The Garden Island in the rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I may have to go back to Kauai to find out how the Stratoliner Milan Straw does on The Garden Island in the rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re willing to make that sacrifice for us? Maybe you can get a government grant to pay for your expenses; more useful than a lot of what the government spends our money on.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I looked for it in the VS thread but didn’t find it. Let’s see some pictures!
Ah... I might have misremembered. Is that Black Cherry or Oxblood?
bc76dba6a1f7553a3f6765c23c9914a0.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Winston Carter

Practically Family
I'd wear a Sunbody.

1XTPKfb.jpg

Heavier, warmer, and more "rough around the edges" than a traditional Panama/straw hat, but it provides better sun protection and you wouldn't have to worry about it getting wet if you got caught in a sudden tropical rainstorm. I linked to the model/style I got, but they have a decent variety of styles to choose from. It's advertised as having a 2-1/2" wide brim, but mine is 2-3/4". And if the black band isn't to your liking you can easily change it:

LjpSZMS.jpg

ciAluwU.jpg

JlNgvJ8.jpg
Something about a Sunbody and Hawaii Shirt just says beach. :):):)

Can't remember anything like that ever popping up around here. There are western/cowboy hats around with wide ribbon and the alpine/cattleman crease. If it had a wide ribbon, by the hat laws enforced here, it would be declared hatsona non grata.
Only if it was the original 1930s OR with the wide ribbon. We've seen ads for those, and maybe one in the wild. RLK maybe?

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn