Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scuttle

One of the Regulars
Anybody wanna' buy my Akubra Fed IV in Moonstone for $10,000? I'll be happy to provide a certificate of authenticity signed by Abraham Lincoln that verifies the hat is 158 years old.

:D

At such a great price, there has to be a catch.

Wait, you didn't list the shipping cost. That's where you were going to spring the Gotcha!, right?

Nice try.

~ S.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
And shipping is a bargain at only $25-100. Man alive!

To his credit, he did claim that he would cover 50% of the shipping costs if the final bid was over $1,200......you can't say fairer than that. :rolleyes:
I'm in tears for the poor boy.......I've never seen such ineptitude, well I have but we're not allowed to talk politics. :D

Rockwater

A-List Customer
CD Klump, c1915
I’m wondering if there is an answer as to the how, and perhaps a why, the underside of the brim is felted in the opposite direction as the crown.
It appears to be quite thick as indicated by the calipers.
Was it turned inside out during the felting process and felted more?
However, the inside direction of the crown is consistent with the outside.
Anyway time to break out a longhair.
8108D50C-27DC-4DCA-AFAB-A1D4A5946F62.jpeg
8E7E63F7-18E4-464C-BC7F-C7216DBB37E6.jpeg
7D309265-5419-4AED-8C43-C6FF6DECCBB5.jpeg
E2846C4C-AB50-4BCF-A233-AE9EB686E32E.jpeg

Almost a Pilgrim style on this day, have a good one.

Last edited:
CD Klump, c1915
I’m wondering if there is an answer as to the how, and maybe a why the underside of the brim is felted in the opposite direction as the crown.
I believe it may be quite thick as indicated by the calipers.
Was it turned inside out during the felting process and felted more?
The inside direction of the crown is consistent with the outside.
Anyway time to break out a longhair.
View attachment 145517 View attachment 145518 View attachment 145519 View attachment 145520
Almost a Pilgrim style on this day, have a good one.

Sorry I can’t help with the question, but man what a hat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am acronym-challenged, Brent.
I am not even sure if it is because English wasn't my first language. Might just be a mental defficiency.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Sorry. JJ Hat Center is a large hat retailer in New York. PHD is Panama Hats Direct and often considered the best place get average to above average Panama hats...they aren’t Optimo (the company, not the style), Brent Black, or VS, but they sell serviceable hats at fair prices.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Sorry. JJ Hat Center is a large hat retailer in New York. PHD is Panama Hats Direct and often considered the best place get average to above average Panama hats...they aren’t Optimo (the company, not the style), Brent Black, or VS, but they sell serviceable hats at fair prices.

Thank you!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails